Subject: [CODE4LIB] Position Opening - Systems Librarian (Search Extended)

From: "Witte, Dianne L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:11:27 -0600

Systems Librarian, full-time, 12-month renewable academic staff
appointment.

The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Library seeks an enthusiastic,
energetic & flexible Systems Librarian to join our service-oriented team
in a vibrant campus community of 11,300 undergraduate and graduate
students in beautiful southeastern Wisconsin, 45 miles from both Madison
and Milwaukee.  

Responsibilities:  Support library technology resources including
hardware & software; manage the library's online system; serve as
library webmaster; manage automation budget; advise on special projects;
other duties as assigned. 

Required:  ALA MLS; professional experience; relevant management
experience with integrated library systems & necessary scripting
languages; commitment to public service & professional development;
website management experience.

Preferred:  Academic library experience; experience with ExLibris
Voyager, SFX, MetaLib, & OCLC; understanding of technology applied to an
academic library.

For a full job description & information on the library & the
university, see our website at http://library.uww.edu
<http://library.uww.edu> .  Send letter of application, resume, and
names & contact info (including e-mail) of 3 references to: Search &
Screen Committee, c/o Anne Kimball, Andersen Library, UW-Whitewater,
P.O. Box 900, Whitewater, WI, 53190.  Applications received by March 17,
2009, have first consideration; position open until filled.  The
University of Wisconsin is an EEO/AA employer and conducts background
checks of all new hires.