Subject: [CODE4LIB] Job Posting: Library Systems Analyst - Ryerson University (Toronto, Canada)

From: Graham McCarthy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:47:14 -0500

Job Title: Library Systems Analyst
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Scale: $56,203.47-$71,196.88

Notes:
The Library is open every day of the week and as such the successful 
candidate must be able to work different shifts, including weekends.

Responsibilities
The Library Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing and developing 
information systems to support the effective delivery of Library 
services and resources and for the design and implementation of related 
programs and applications. From time to time, this position will also 
assist other operating units in the University with systems-related 
projects.

Qualifications
* Successful completion of a post-secondary degree program in Computer 
Science or a related discipline. A minimum of 2 years experience with 
various software development processes (SDLC, RAD), as well as 
experience with object-oriented programming and development of efficient 
large-date processing algorithms (sorting, recursive, binary, trees, 
etc.). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be 
considered.
* Programming expertise in object-oriented languages such as C++, Java, 
and Objective-C.
* Proficiency in web interface design, development and web technologies, 
languages and applications such as ColdFusion, PHP, XHTML, XML, , 
JavaScript, AJAX, CSS and SQL. Familiarity with Rich Internet 
Applications (RIA).
* Knowledge and experience of operating systems such as Unix/Linux, 
Windows and Mac and the implementation and ongoing maintenance of server 
applications.
* Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
* A demonstrated commitment to client service – specifically students, 
staff, faculty and external contacts; superior interpersonal skills, 
tact, diplomacy, and ability to maintain positive working relationships 
with colleagues throughout the university.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are needed to 
effectively document systems and procedures and to discuss and present 
complex technical information in both lay and technical terms.
* Ability to handle concurrent tasks productively, often under severe 
time pressures
* Willingness to maintain technical skills at “state of the art”, to 
adapt to changes in technology or skill sets fundamental to the job.

Notes:
Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through 
occupational testing. Candidates must have a demonstrated record of 
dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.

Deadline to Apply: Monday December 7, 2009(4:30pm)

To apply see the official posting:
http://www.firefly.ryerson.ca/hr/careers/index.cfm?fuseaction=post.view&location=External&post_id=23943

University website: http://www.ryerson.ca
Library website: http://www.ryerson.ca/library/

-- 
Graham McCarthy
Innovative Technologies Librarian
Ryerson University Library & Archives
350 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON M5B 2K3

416.979.5000 x2119