Subject: [CODE4LIB] Vacancies: Sr. Programmer/Analyst, University of Notre Dame

From: Pascal Calarco <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 18:15:55 -0400

The four-person Digital Library Applications and Local Development unit 
within the Library Information Systems department of the University of 
Notre Dame seeks two Senior Programmer/Analysts.

The successful candidates will contribute significantly to the Hesburgh 
Libraries' at Notre Dame Fedora Commons repository, interface with the 
broader Enterprise Content Management and Identity Management 
initiatives with the Office for Information Technology, mobile services 
development, other open source collaborative projects such as 
contributing to the University of Rochester's eXtensible Catalog 
project, for which Notre Dame is a partner, and providing other custom 
software solutions for the Libraries.

Library Information Systems brings together a team of ten 
highly-motivated and skilled information technology professionals, 
providing systems and database administration, vended and open source 
application support, and significant local software development, and 
collaborates broadly with other technology and business unit departments 
within the Libraries and across the University.  We also provide 
enterprise library systems and services for the Michiana Academic 
Library Consortium, which adds three other private, faith-based colleges 
in the area to the Notre Dame environment.

We are a strong open source environment, utilizing twenty-five Red Hat 
Enterprise Linux servers with Apache Tomcat, MySQL, PHP, Java/JBoss, 
perl, and native linux desktop environments.  We offer strong support 
for ongoing learning, including tuition remission at the University, 
generous continuing education support, and a collaborative and 
supportive team environment.

The University of Notre Dame is a top-20, private national Catholic 
teaching and research university enriched with a diversified faculty, 
located in Northern Indiana ninety miles from Chicago. On a highly 
residential campus, approximately 8,300 undergraduates and 3,100 
graduate students pursue a broad range of studies. The University 
Libraries house approximately 3 million volumes within the main Hesburgh 
Library and seven branch libraries and currently subscribe to nearly 
17,000 serials. The Libraries have a dynamic staff of 200 including 50 
librarians. 

If this sounds of interest to you, please access Jobs@ND at 
http://jobs.nd.edu/ to find out more and apply online!

  - pascal

----------------------------------------
Pascal V. Calarco, MLIS
Head, Library Information Systems
Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame/
Michiana Academic Library Consortium
Notre Dame, IN
http://www.library.nd.edu/
-----------------------------------------