Subject: [CODE4LIB] Opening for a Senior JAVA/J2EE Software Engineer in Brussels ( Intranet website of large international organisation Library)

From: TRAVERS David <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:56:54 +0100

Opening for a Senior Software Engineer 

Location: Brussels, Belgium

Duration: February - December 2010, with possibility of extension

General Purpose

For the development and maintenance of the Intranet website of the
Library of a large international organisation, we are looking for a
Senior Software Engineer with excellent Java/J2EE skills and substantial
experience in library applications and search technologies. 

The website consists of the following components:

1. Faceted Search across Library catalogue and other information items
on the site

2. Thematic areas (blogs) which are updated by Information Specialists

3. Live newsfeeds from major European agencies

4. A workflow system for managing information requests to the Library

5. A content management system for the site

Responsibilities

*	Develop new functionalities for the website 
*	Refactoring and bug fixing
*	Integration with a new Integrated Library Management System

Qualifications

Required competences

Java

J2EE, Tomcat

JSP, servlets

JavaScript and AJAX

XML, XSLT

Oracle 10i

Desirable competences:

HIBERNATE v2

Webapp framework (Spring)

Indexing and Search (Lucene/Solr)

Experience with Library technologies and standards

Development tools used 

CVS    

ANT    

ECLIPSE v3.1 

Oxygen

Language

The working language is English. Knowledge of French would be an asset.

Salary and Benefits

Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with skills and
experience. 

Interested candidates should sent their CVs by 23 December 2009. 

Please send questions and CVs to David TRAVERS
[email-masked]

 

David Travers

Sales Manager

+32(0)477.46.48.75

Sword Technologies

www.sword-group.com <http://www.sword-group.com>