Subject: [CODE4LIB] Quick research survey participation request

From: rileyhuf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:51:17 -0600

We would like to request your participation in a in a scholarly research
study. The study is being conducted to determine how well prepared,
librarians with significant technology roles, are for their positions in
academic libraries, how they acquired the skills needed to do their jobs and
how difficult they are to hire and retain

There are two surveys related to this project: one is for those with library
administrative roles at level of department head or higher, and the second
survey is for those librarians/professionals with very significant
technology roles now or in the past.

You are welcome to take both surveys if you fit both criteria. The surveys
are anonymous; there is nothing that will identify you or your organization.
The surveys consists of 9 questions each, some of which are multipart and
should take under 10 minutes to complete. The surveys will be available
until December 18th at 8pm CST.

In the event the data is later published, we will send a follow up email to
this same listserv to advise the list of where they can access the results.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact either of us. You are
welcome to forward this email to anyone you think may be interested.

Here is a link to the administrative survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BVP69PQ

And here is a link to the librarian survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GBHPPDV

Thank you for your participation,

Julia Rholes, Dean of Libraries

[email-masked]

Debra Riley-Huff, Web Services Librarian and Assistant Professor

[email-masked]

This project has been approved by the University of Mississippi
Institutional Review Board.

-- 
Debra Riley-Huff
Web Services Librarian
Assistant Professor
JD Williams Library
University of Mississippi
University, MS 38677
662-915-7353
[email-masked]