Subject: [CODE4LIB] Code4libNYC January 29th Meeting - Call for Speakers

From: Kevin Reiss <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:59:04 -0800

Hi List Members,

Our regional Code4lib group, Code4libNYC, is organizing our first meeting of the 
New Year. The time, date, and location are:

Time: Thursday, January 29th from 10:00 A.M. until 12:00 noon
Location: Metropolitan New York Library Council Offices 
Address: 57 E. 11th Street, New York, NY (near Union Square)
Directions: http://www.metro.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=228

All are welcome to attend. If you are thinking of coming please 
RSVP to me so we can have a general head count prior to the meeting.

We are hoping to continue the interactive round table/lightning talk
format that we've had at our previous two sessions and we are looking
for any interested members who would like to speak at the upcoming
meeting. These talks are informal and can be about anything you'd
think the group might find interesting. Possible topics could be:

An interesting new piece of software you've discovered
Solicitation of ideas on what tools might help you implement a
particular project at work
Discuss a project you've just completed at work
Interesting developments on a topic that impacts Library IT work

Please contact me if you are interested in getting on the schedule.
The METRO office provides network connectivity and projection so if
you'd like to demo something that can easily be accomplished.

For more information on our past activities and programs see 
our wiki at http://www.metro.org/collaborate/index.php/Code4libNYC. 

See you on the 29th,

Kevin Reiss, Co-Convenor, Code4libNYC

---

From: Yitzchak Schaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:42:00 -0500

> RSVP to me so we can have a general head count prior to the meeting.

Hi Kevin --

We're planning on sending two.  I'd like to talk about our open-source 
ERMS project, FreERMS.

Yours,

-- 
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Librarian
Touro College Libraries
33 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10010
Tel (212) 463-0400 x5230
Fax (212) 627-3197
[email-masked]