Subject: [CODE4LIB] DC-2009 Seoul

From: Myung-Ja Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:27:12 -0500

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting.

This year’s International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata
Applications (DC-2009) will be held on 12-16 October 2009 in Seoul, Korea.
 The theme of the DC-2009 is *Semantic Interoperability of Linked Data*.

Participants are invited to register online via the conference website until
October 5th. On-site registration will be available while the conference is
in session.

Please go to the conference home page <http://www.dc2009.kr/> for
registration and final program information. The DC-2009 program includes
Dublin Core tutorials on Monday, 12 October and following the conference on
Friday, 16 October. The basic tutorial to be presented on the 12th is *Dublin
Core in historical context, Interoperability options in a complex Web of
data, Other metadata standards, and Interoperability issues and basic
approaches*. The advanced tutorials on the 16th will focus on *Ontology
Design and Interoperability**, *and *Transforming, Mapping, and Merging KOS:
Methodologies and Challenges*.

*DC- 2009 Special Sessions on Linked Data* information can be found here:
http://dublincore.org/workshops/dc2009/DC-2009_Special_Sessions_on_Linked_Data.pdf

For registration, program, accommodation information and more, please go to
the links below:

 ·        DC- 2009 home page: http://www.dc2009.kr/

·         Program: http://www.dc2009.kr/sub/cfs_uprog_01.php

·         Registration: http://www.dc2009.kr/sub/cfs_uregi_01.php

·        Accommodation: http://www.dc2009.kr/sub/cfs_uacco_01.php

Thank you,
-- 
Myung-Ja "MJ" Han
Metadata Librarian
220 Main Library
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
1408 W. Gregory Dr. (MC-522)
Urbana, IL 61801
217-333-9515 (Main Library)
217-244-7809 (Grainger)