Subject: [CODE4LIB] Job Announcement: Digital Projects Librarian, Kirksville MO

From: "Wynn, Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:53:56 -0500

Digital Projects Librarian, Pickler Memorial Library Truman State
University

Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will build and maintain digital collections
supporting the University's mission and curriculum. Responsibilities
include working with librarians and the campus community to identify
opportunities for digital collection to meet information needs;
identifying, evaluating, and implementing appropriate software and
hardware for digital collections; identifying and implementing
appropriate metadata standards; writing and maintaining policies and
procedures relating to digital collections; marketing digital
collections to the campus community; serving on Library and University
committees; assisting at the reference desk; and other duties as
assigned. This position would also have the opportunity to assist with
traditional collection development.

Qualifications:
Required Qualifications:

Education: ALA accredited MLS
Experience: Working experience with digital collections in a library
setting. 
Skills: Familiarity with issues and trends in digital collection
management and related technologies; knowledge of metadata standards
including MARC, LCSH, and emerging metadata standards; knowledge of
digital capture standards; demonstrated oral, written, and interpersonal
communication skills; flexibility in an environment of rapid change.

Preferred Qualifications:

Experience with integrated library systems; working experience with
digital collection management systems; familiarity with intellectual
property issues. 

Pickler Memorial Library is a member of MOBIUS, a Missouri consortium of
sixty academic and two public libraries that is committed to serving
Missouri citizens through the sharing of library systems and resources.

To Apply:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications. Candidates should submit a
letter of application and resume; both undergraduate and graduate
transcripts; and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least
three references to:

Search Committee for Digital Projects Librarian Pickler Memorial Library
Truman State University 100 E. Normal Kirksville, MO 63501

Materials may be submitted electronically to: [email-masked]. 

---------------------------------
Stephen Wynn
Head of Technical Services and Systems
Pickler Memorial Library
Truman State University
Kirksville, MO 63501
(660) 785-4535