Subject: [CODE4LIB] Code4Lib 2010 Call for Proposals

From: "Michael J. Giarlo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:25:57 -0400

We are now accepting proposals for prepared talks for Code4lib 2010.
Code4lib 2010 is a loosely-structured conference for library
technologists to commune, gather/create/share ideas and software, be
inspired, and forge collaborations.  The conference will be held from
Monday, February 22nd (pre-conference day) to Thursday, February 25th,
2010 in Asheville, NC, US.  More information can be found at
http://code4lib.org/conference/2010/

Head over to the call for proposals page at
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2010talks_Submissions and submit
your idea for a prepared talk for this year's conference!  Proposals
should be no longer than 500 words, and preferably many less.

Prepared talks are 20 minutes (including setup and questions), and
focus on one or more of the following areas:
  * tools (some cool new software, software library or integration platform)
  * specs (how to get the most out of some protocols, or proposals for new ones)
  * challenges (one or more big problems we should collectively address)

The community will vote on proposals using the criteria of:
  * usefulness
  * newness
  * geekiness
  * diversity of topics

We cannot accept every prepared talk proposal, but multiple lightning
talk and breakout sessions will provide everyone who wishes to present
with an opportunity to do so.

Proposals can be submitted through November 13th. Voting will commence
soon thereafter and be open through December 1st.  Successful
candidates will be notified by December 3rd.

We look forward to your participation!

Cheers,

-Code4Lib 2010 Conference Program Committee
  * Kevin Clarke
  * Gabriel Farrell
  * Mike Giarlo
  * Susan Teague-Rector
  * Roy Tennant

---

From: "Michael J. Giarlo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:35:27 -0500

Greetings, individuals!

We've had five very good talks proposed so far; it'd be great to have
even more.  The deadline is this Friday, November 13th.

As a reminder, you may submit your talk proposal at
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2010talks_Submissions.  More
details are below.

-Mike