Subject: [CODE4LIB] preconference proposals

From: "Kevin S. Clarke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:55:05 -0500

Hi all,

It's time again to collect proposals for Code4Lib 2010 preconference
sessions.  We have space for six full day sessions (or 12 half day
sessions (or some combination of the two)).  If we get more than we
can accommodate, we'll vote... but I don't think we will (take that as
a challenge to propose lots of interesting preconference sessions).
Like last year, attendees will pay $12.50 for a half day or $25 for
the whole day.  The preconference space will be in the hotel so we'll
have wireless available.  If you have a preconference idea, send it to
this list, to me, or to the code4libcon planning list.  We'll put them
up on the wiki once we start receiving them.  Some possible ideas?  A
Drupal in libraries session? LOD part two?  An OCLC webservices
hackathon?  Send the proposals along...

Thanks,
Kevin

---

From: Erik Hatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:38:07 -0500

I'm interested presenting something Solr+library related at c4l10.   
I'm soliciting ideas from the community on what angle makes the most  
sense.  At first I was thinking a regular conference talk proposal,  
but perhaps a preconference session would be better.  I could be game  
for a half day session.  It could be either an introductory Solr  
class, get up and running with Solr (+ Blacklight, of course).  Or  
maybe a more advanced session on topics like leveraging dismax, Solr  
performance and scalability tuning, and so on, or maybe a freer form  
Solr hackathon session where I'd be there to help with hurdles or  
answer questions.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?   Anything I can do to help the library world  
with Solr is fair game - let me know.

Thanks,
	Erik

---

From: Andrew Ashton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:12:23 -0500

This isn't enough  for a whole session or workshop, but we've been using
Solr for a lot of small-to-medium-sized projects, and I've been interested
in ways to optimize an environment to host a lot of little Solr instances
(multicore?).

I've also been working a bit with Solango (Solr & Django) and am interested
in what kind of development is happening with Solr connectors for simple
webapp frameworks like that.

-Andy

Just one topic to toss out there.

---

From: "Kevin S. Clarke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:41:59 -0500

Hi all,

I've been reminded that it was $25 regardless of whether you did a
half day or full day.  We're planning to do what they did last year so
we'll do this as well.  I was reading through the mail archive and saw
messages mentioning the $12.50 option but that must have been dropped
as the discussions went on.

Kevin

---

From: Bess Sadler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 06:41:20 -0800

+1 from me on this, no surprise. :)

What if we did a next gen catalog day thing? We could spend the  
morning on solr, which many projects have in common, in the morning,  
and then in the afternoon have sessions that build on top of solr  
(vufind, blacklight, kochief, etc.) We were going to submit a proposal  
for a blacklight pre-conference regardless, but it makes a lot of  
sense to do something more coordinated, and it particularly makes  
sense to ensure that as many people as possible can take advantage of  
Erik's presence and expertise.

One goal I also have for this conference is to solicit community  
feedback on how to improve solrmarc and marc4j, which are used by both  
blacklight and vufind (and a few other projects at this point...  
yes?). A solr-focused session might be a good venue for some of that  
discussion as well... as we discuss neat things to do with solr we  
might ask how do we do that with solrmarc. Or maybe that's a separate  
discussion. It's up to the community.

Bess

---

From: "Kevin S. Clarke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:43:42 -0500

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Erik Hatcher <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  I could be game for a half day
> session.  It could be either an introductory Solr class, get up and running
> with Solr (+ Blacklight, of course).  Or maybe a more advanced session on
> topics like leveraging dismax, Solr performance and scalability tuning, and
> so on, or maybe a freer form Solr hackathon session where I'd be there to
> help with hurdles or answer questions.
>
> Thoughts?  Suggestions?

I think that'd be great.  I'd be more interested in a more advanced
session personally (dismax, tuning, etc.)

Thanks!
Kevin

---

From: Jodi Schneider <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:47:42 +0000

If you'd be up for it Erik, I'd envision a basic session in the morning.
Some of us (like me) have never gotten Solr up and running.

Then the afternoon could break off for an advanced session.

Though I like Bess's idea, too! Would that be suitable for a conference
breakout? Not sure I'd want to pit it against Solr advanced session!

-Jodi

---

From: Dan Chudnov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:06:17 -0500

On Nov 9, 2009, at 9:55 PM, Kevin S. Clarke wrote:

> sessions.

Two possible sessions that seem like a good idea to me:

  - "Heckle Me", based on the example/ideas behind Chick's lightning  
talk last year

  - "Hacker 101/102/201/202", a friendly session to help people still  
newish with the coding thing to get up to speed a little more

I'd be happy to propose and run the second, especially if I could find  
a co-conspirator.  If Chick is up for running the first, I'd sign up  
to help him.

They could both be half-day sessions.

   -Dan

---

From: Jay Luker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:14:20 -0500

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Dan Chudnov <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  - "Heckle Me", based on the example/ideas behind Chick's lightning talk
> last year
>

The PDF of chick's slides is 404-ing [1]. Can someone remind me what
this was about?

--jay

1 http://code4lib.org/conference/2009/chicks-lightning.pdf

---

From: Becky Yoose <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:12:06 -0500

I like the "Hacker 101/102/201/202" idea. While you do have a lot of
seasoned programmers at c4l, others (and myself) haven't quite yet
broken that barrier between the mundane and programming
enlightenment/zen. I've met quite a few folks in that situation at the
last c4l, and I'm sure many would appreciate such a session so they
can get up to speed.

Thanks,
Becky

Still working on opening that third eye of hers...

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Dan Chudnov <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  - "Hacker 101/102/201/202", a friendly session to help people still newish
> with the coding thing to get up to speed a little more
>
> I'd be happy to propose and run the second, especially if I could find a
> co-conspirator.  If Chick is up for running the first, I'd sign up to help
> him.

---

From: Tom Keays <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:36:11 -0500

Bad URL there. The real one is
http://code4lib.org/files/chicks-lightning.pdf (that's where all the
other lightning talks were stored).

t

---

From: Jay Luker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:44:03 -0500

Those.

Slides.

Don't.

Help.

--jay

---

From: Dan Chudnov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:48:42 -0500

Maybe you'd have to be e.e. cummings, but maybe not:  the keyword  
"refactotum" leads to this:

   http://blog.thinkrelevance.com/2008/5/23/refactotum-overview

...which was what he described, and which sounds like a great session  
when led by the right hands.  I think we could do it at c4lc.

On Nov 10, 2009, at 10:44 AM, Jay Luker wrote:

>>> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Dan Chudnov <[email-masked] 
>>> > wrote:
>>>

---

From: Jason Stirnaman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:56:43 -0600

+1
I'm managing a Solr-powered app, but haven't had much time to learn how
to use Solr better. Hands-on would be great as long as the attendees
understand the prereqs and were ready to jump in and work - not
expecting time and assistance with downloading, installing, etc. 
Speaking as one of the problem children (Windows users), I think that
pretty much derailed the VuFind session last year.
 
Jason
 
Jason Stirnaman

>>> Bess Sadler <[email-masked]> 11/10/2009 8:41 AM >>>

Bess

On 10-Nov-09, at 5:38 AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

>> can accommodate, we'll vote... but I don't think we will (take that 

>> as
>> have wireless available.  If you have a preconference idea, send it 

>> to

---

From: Naomi Dushay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:47:35 -0800

yes, tuning!  - NaomI

---

From: Naomi Dushay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:46:32 -0800

What do you think about the Solr part having some specific goodies like:

lots on dismax magic

how to do fielded searching (author/title/subject) with dismax

how to do browsing (termsComponent query, then fielded query to get  
matching docs)

how to do boolean  (use lucene QP, or fake it with dismax)

- Naomi

On Nov 10, 2009, at 5:38 AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> but perhaps a preconference session would be better.  I could be  
> game for a half day session.  It could be either an introductory  
> Solr class, get up and running with Solr (+ Blacklight, of course).   
> Or maybe a more advanced session on topics like leveraging dismax,  
> Solr performance and scalability tuning, and so on, or maybe a freer  
> form Solr hackathon session where I'd be there to help with hurdles  
> or answer questions.
>
> Thoughts?  Suggestions?   Anything I can do to help the library  
> world with Solr is fair game - let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> 	Erik
>

---

From: "Michael B. Klein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:44:41 -0800

Distributed search!

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:38 AM, Erik Hatcher <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm interested presenting something Solr+library related at c4l10.  I'm
> soliciting ideas from the community on what angle makes the most sense.  At
> first I was thinking a regular conference talk proposal, but perhaps a
> preconference session would be better.  I could be game for a half day
> Thoughts?  Suggestions?   Anything I can do to help the library world with
> Solr is fair game - let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>        Erik
>
>

---

From: Erik Hatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:02:09 -0500

> What do you think about the Solr part having some specific goodies  

+1 to it all!

> how to do boolean  (use lucene QP, or fake it with dismax)

Or, use the new Lucid contributed "extended dismax" parser ;)

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1553

	Erik

---

From: Gabriel Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 18:47:14 -0500

>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1553

This looks sweet, Erik.  Many thanks for sharing.

Gabriel

---

From: Gabriel Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 18:56:42 -0500

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 06:41:20AM -0800, Bess Sadler wrote:
> (vufind, blacklight, kochief, etc.) We were going to submit a
> proposal for a blacklight pre-conference regardless, but it makes a
> lot of sense to do something more coordinated, and it particularly
> makes sense to ensure that as many people as possible can take
> advantage of Erik's presence and expertise.

Great idea, Bess.  Advanced Solr in the morning, including extended
dismax, query weighting, and solrmarc.  Then more general NGC stuff in
the afternoon, such as options for pulling data in and pushing it out,
how best to display various collections, etc.

Gabriel

---

From: Gabriel Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:10:44 -0500

> breakout? Not sure I'd want to pit it against Solr advanced session!

The preconfs should be as inclusive as possible, but I'm wondering if
the Solr session might be more beneficial if we dive into the
particulars right off the bat in the morning.  There are only a few
steps to get Solr up and running -- it's in the configuration for our
custom needs that the advice of a certain Mr. Hatcher can really be
helpful.  

You're right, though, that the NGC thing sounds more like a BOF session.
I'd support that in order to attend a full preconf day of Solr.  

Gabriel

---

From: Bess Sadler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:25:40 -0800

Hey, how about this? I've been discussing this off list with Erik and  
Naomi and this is what we came up with (I also added it to the wiki):

This is a proposal for several pre-conference sessions that would fit  
together nicely for people interested in implementing a next-gen  
catalog system.

1. Morning session - solr white belt
Instructor: Bess Sadler (anyone else want to join me?)
The journey of solr mastery begins with installation. We will then  
proceed to data types, indexing, querying, and inner harmony. You will  
leave this session with enough information to start running a solr  
service with your own data.

2. Morning session - solr black belt
Instructors: Erik Hatcher (and Naomi Dushay? she has offered to help,  
if that's of interest)
Amaze your friends with your ability to combine boolean and weighted  
searching. Confound your enemies with your mastery of the secrets of  
dismax. Leave slow queries in the dust as you performance tune solr  
within an inch of its life. [We should probably add more specific  
advanced topics here... suggestions welcome]

3. Afternoon session - Blacklight
Instructors: Naomi Dushay, Jessie Keck, and Bess Sadler
Apply your solr skills to running Blacklight as a front end for your  
library catalog, institutional repository, or anything you can index  
into solr. We'll cover installation, source control with git, local  
modifications, test driving development, and writing object-specific  
behaviors. You'll leave this workshop ready to revolutionize discovery  
at your library. Solr white belts or black belts are welcome.

And then anyone else who had a topic that built on solr (e.g.,  
vufind?) could add it in the afternoon. Obviously I'm biased, but I  
really do think the topic of implementing a next gen catalog is meaty  
enough for a half day and I know people are asking me about it and  
eager to attend such a thing.

What do you think, folks?

Bess

> I'd support that in order to attend a full preconf day of Solr.

Elizabeth (Bess) Sadler
Chief Architect for the Online Library Environment
Box 400129
Alderman Library
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22904

[email-masked]
(434) 243-2305

---

From: "McDonald, Robert H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:38:31 -0500

This looks like a great set of pre-conferences - especially since they are
built around Solr.

Robert

> Charlottesville, VA 22904

**********************************
Robert H. McDonald
Associate Dean for Library Technologies
Associate Director, Data to Insight Center-Pervasive Technology Institute
Frye Leadership Institute Fellow 2009
Indiana University
Herman B Wells Library 234
1320 East 10th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812-856-4834
Email: [email-masked]
Skype/GTalk: rhmcdonald
AIM/MSN: rhmcdonald1

---

From: Walter Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:42:53 -0500

On 13 Nov 09, at 11:25 AM, Bess Sadler wrote:

> [delightful descriptions snipped]

Is there any chance that the black belt session needs to be/should be a two parter and run through the afternoon as well?  ... or repeat for those who have just acquired their white belts but are headed in different directions?

Walter
  who is happy to get all the direction on solr he can find

---

From: Erik Hatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:47:24 -0500

+1, Bess!  I'm especially psyched for the kata demonstrations and  
sparring matches we'll have at the end of the session :)

I'll tinker with the advanced session description a bit when I can,  
but let's run with that for the time being.  I'm happy to have Noami  
join me however she likes.

	Erik

On Nov 13, 2009, at 11:25 AM, Bess Sadler wrote:

> Hey, how about this? I've been discussing this off list with Erik  
> and Naomi and this is what we came up with (I also added it to the  
> wiki):
>
> This is a proposal for several pre-conference sessions that would  
> fit together nicely for people interested in implementing a next-gen  
> catalog system.
>
> proceed to data types, indexing, querying, and inner harmony. You  
> will leave this session with enough information to start running a  
> solr service with your own data.
>
> Instructors: Erik Hatcher (and Naomi Dushay? she has offered to  
> help, if that's of interest)
> behaviors. You'll leave this workshop ready to revolutionize  
> discovery at your library. Solr white belts or black belts are  
> welcome.
>
> really do think the topic of implementing a next gen catalog is  
> meaty enough for a half day and I know people are asking me about it  
> and eager to attend such a thing.
>

---

From: Gabriel Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:01:02 -0500

> Is there any chance that the black belt session needs to be/should be a two parter and run through the afternoon as well?  ... or repeat for those who have just acquired their white belts but are h…

Agreed on morning and afternoon black belt sessions for all those who
desire dark Solr.

Gabriel

---

From: Jason Stirnaman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:27:50 -0600

+1 I'd never leave the dojo.

-- 

Jason Stirnaman

>>> On 11/13/2009 at 11:01 AM, in message
<[email-masked]>, Gabriel Farrell
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Is there any chance that the black belt session needs to be/should
be a two 
> parter and run through the afternoon as well?  ... or repeat for
those who 
> have just acquired their white belts but are headed in different
directions?

---

From: Erik Hatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:54:32 -0500

On Nov 13, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Walter Lewis wrote:

> be a two parter and run through the afternoon as well?  ... or  
> repeat for those who have just acquired their white belts but are  
> headed in different directions?

I'd hate to miss the Blacklight session myself though!

How about a compromise?  In that I'll do the morning advanced Solr  
session as proposed and then gladly make myself available for the  
remainder of the conference for any folks that have specific questions/ 
issues with Solr.

	Erik

---

From: Cary Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:29:23 -0800

I might be able to help with the white belt. Do I get to wear one of
those padded suits?

Cary

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Bess Sadler <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hey, how about this? I've been discussing this off list with Erik and Naomi
> and this is what we came up with (I also added it to the wiki):
>
> together nicely for people interested in implementing a next-gen catalog
> system.
>
> The journey of solr mastery begins with installation. We will then proceed
> to data types, indexing, querying, and inner harmony. You will leave this
> session with enough information to start running a solr service with your
> own data.
>
> Instructors: Erik Hatcher (and Naomi Dushay? she has offered to help, if
> that's of interest)
> searching. Confound your enemies with your mastery of the secrets of dismax.
> Leave slow queries in the dust as you performance tune solr within an inch
> of its life. [We should probably add more specific advanced topics here...
> suggestions welcome]
>
> Apply your solr skills to running Blacklight as a front end for your library
> catalog, institutional repository, or anything you can index into solr.
> We'll cover installation, source control with git, local modifications, test
> driving development, and writing object-specific behaviors. You'll leave
> this workshop ready to revolutionize discovery at your library. Solr white
> belts or black belts are welcome.
>
> And then anyone else who had a topic that built on solr (e.g., vufind?)
> could add it in the afternoon. Obviously I'm biased, but I really do think
> the topic of implementing a next gen catalog is meaty enough for a half day
> and I know people are asking me about it and eager to attend such a thing.
>

-- 
Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company
http://chillco.com

---

From: Bess Sadler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:52:59 -0800

Cary, that would be great! I'll contact you off-list so we can make  
our lesson plan. Anyone else want to join us?

Bess

---

From: Naomi Dushay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:41:17 -0800

> join me however she likes.

I'll be the eye candy!

>> fit together nicely for people interested in implementing a next- 
>> gen catalog system.
>>
>> Amaze your friends with your ability to combine boolean and  
>> weighted searching. Confound your enemies with your mastery of the  
>> secrets of dismax. Leave slow queries in the dust as you  
>> performance tune solr within an inch of its life. [We should  
>> probably add more specific advanced topics here... suggestions  
>> welcome]
>>
>> Apply your solr skills to running Blacklight as a front end for  
>> your library catalog, institutional repository, or anything you can  
>> index into solr. We'll cover installation, source control with git,  
>> local modifications, test driving development, and writing object- 
>> specific behaviors. You'll leave this workshop ready to  
>> revolutionize discovery at your library. Solr white belts or black  
>> belts are welcome.
>>
>> meaty enough for a half day and I know people are asking me about  
>> it and eager to attend such a thing.
>>

---

From: John Fereira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 10:32:05 -0500

>> I might be able to help with the white belt. Do I get to wear one of

It should probably be mandatory.  Aren't you glad they're modeling the 
pre-conf after karate, and not sumo wresting?

---

From: Daniel Chudnov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:51:46 -0500

On Nov 14, 2009, at 10:32 AM, John Fereira wrote:

> It should probably be mandatory.  Aren't you glad they're modeling  
> the pre-conf after karate, and not sumo wresting?

We can take care of that in Hacker 101/102/201/202 - where everyone  
can progress from sekiwake to ozeki!

---

From: Michael Beccaria <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:43:25 -0500

I can't make it to c4l this year :( But knowing that the preconferences
are really very valuable, if there is a way that this information could
be recorded and placed online like the main presentations that would be
amazing!

Mike Beccaria
Systems Librarian
Head of Digital Initiatives
Paul Smith's College
518.327.6376

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Bess Sadler
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 11:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] preconference proposals - solr

Bess

Elizabeth (Bess) Sadler

[email-masked]
(434) 243-2305

---

From: "Fleming, Declan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:46:54 -0800

Hi - I'd also like a basic, get it running from scratch primer half day.
Something with meaty examples that hit on what solr is best at.  I "get"
solr in a strategic sense, but I'd love to have seen it actually work
experientially. 

D

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Jodi Schneider
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] preconference proposals

-Jodi

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Kevin S. Clarke <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> > topics like leveraging dismax, Solr performance and scalability
tuning,
> and

---

From: "Fleming, Declan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:00:27 -0800

Hi - I understand that getting a package up and running can be fairly
quick, but going over simple (then complex) examples really helps me
fully understand what's happening.  Remember those "perl by Example"
books?  I loved that approach to showing concretely what happens every
step of the way.  It probably seems dead simple once you've climbed the
learning curve, I just haven't had the time committed to do that yet,
especially in a space with people who could help me.

Yes, it IS all about me.  ;)

D

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Gabriel Farrell
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] preconference proposals

Gabriel

---

From: "David A. Faler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:13:37 -0500

I'd like a basic session as well.  Something for people like me that hear Solr is great, but aren't even sure exactly what it is.

Also, is there a conference price, or is it just the hotel room?  I can't find anything on the website price wise other than $119/night for the hotel.

Thank you,

David Faler
IT Quality Control and Testing
The Library Corporation

---

From: "Michael J. Giarlo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:20:40 -0500

David,

There is a registration fee for the conference, but it appears to have
fallen out of the "template" this year.  It's traditionally hovered
around $120.

-Mike

---

From: Bess Sadler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:24:42 -0500

Dear David and Declan,

It sounds like you're both looking for "Solr White Belt" which I am  
planning to teach. Can't wait to see you there!

So, if we're going with this karate theme, does that mean I can make  
Declan do pushups when he acts out?

See http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2010_Preconference_Proposals  
for the current pre-conf descriptions.

Bess

On 17-Nov-09, at 8:13 AM, David A. Faler wrote:

> I'd like a basic session as well.  Something for people like me that  
> hear Solr is great, but aren't even sure exactly what it is.
>
> Also, is there a conference price, or is it just the hotel room?  I  
> can't find anything on the website price wise other than $119/night  
> for the hotel.
>
> Thank you,
>
> David Faler

---

From: "Fleming, Declan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:23:59 -0800

Heh, Declan can't even make Declan do pushups... ;)

D

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Bess Sadler
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:25 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] preconference proposals

Dear David and Declan,

Bess