Subject: [CODE4LIB] MongoDB slides

From: Yitzchak Schaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:45:10 -0500

FYI, a posting with slides from a presentation on MongoDB (I didn't go)
http://www.nyphp.org/PHP-Presentations/145_Recovering-Mongos-MongoDB-PHP

 From mongodb.org:

"MongoDB (from "humongous") is a scalable, high-performance, open 
source, schema-free, document-oriented database. Written in C++, MongoDB 
features: ..."

"MongoDB bridges the gap between key-value stores (which are fast and 
highly scalable) and traditional RDBMS systems (which provide structured 
schemas and powerful queries)."

-- 
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Manager
Touro College Libraries
33 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10010
Tel (212) 463-0400 x5230
Fax (212) 627-3197
Email [email-masked]