Subject: [CODE4LIB] Code4Lib Journal: Call for Papers, June issue

From: Tom Keays <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:24:25 -0500

Call for Papers:

The Code4Lib Journal (C4LJ) exists to foster community and share
information among those interested in the intersection of libraries,
technology, and the future.

The Code4Lib Journal is now accepting proposals for publication in its
7th issue. Don't miss out on this opportunity to share your ideas and
experiences. To be included in the 7th issue, which is scheduled for
publication in late June 2009, please submit articles, abstracts, or
proposals to [email-masked] by Friday, March 20, 2009.
When submitting, please include the title or subject of the proposal
in the subject line of the email message.

C4LJ encourages creativity and flexibility, and the editors welcome
submissions across a broad variety of topics that support the mission
of the journal. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

    * Practical applications of library technology (both actual and
hypothetical)
    * Technology projects (failed, successful, proposed, or
in-progress), including how they were done and challenges faced
    * Case studies
    * Best practices
    * Reviews
    * Comparisons of third party software or libraries
    * Analyses of library metadata for use with technology
    * Project management and communication within the library environment
    * Assessment and user studies

C4LJ strives to promote professional communication by minimizing the
barriers to publication. While articles should be of a high quality,
they need not follow any formal structure. Writers should aim for the
middle ground between blog posts and articles in traditional refereed
journals. Where appropriate, we encourage authors to submit code
samples, algorithms, and pseudo-code.  For more information, visit
C4LJ's Article Guidelines or browse articles from the first 5 issues
published on our website: http://journal.code4lib.org.

Remember, for consideration for the 7th issue, please send proposals,
abstracts, or draft articles to [email-masked] no
later than Friday, March 20, 2009.

Send in a submission. Your peers would like to hear what you are doing.

Code4Lib Journal Editorial Committee

---

From: Kathryn Frederick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:32:16 -0400

Please excuse cross-posting.

I've set up an AquaBrowser Google Group to share tips and post
questions. If your library uses AquaBrowser, please consider joining.
This group is restricted, email me at [email-masked] and I'll
send you an invite. 

Licensed sites only, please.

Thanks,
Kathryn

---

From: Ed Summers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:18:44 -0400

You should also feel free to discuss AquaBrowser on here too ... the
code4lib discussion isn't limited to opensource software.

//Ed

---

From: "Barnett, Jeffrey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:05:18 -0400

Good point Ed, but I think by the phrase "Licensed sites only" the intent of the AquaBrowser discussion _is_ to exclude open source.  Interesting difference... 

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ed Summers
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] AquaBrowser Libraries Group

//Ed