Subject: [CODE4LIB] Digital Preservation Management workshop: Oct 11-16, 2009 (Ann Arbor) - registration opens Aug 3

From: Lance Stuchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:47:03 -0400

Apologies for cross-posting

Digital Preservation Management: Short-Term Solutions for Long-Term
Problems

Venue: ICPSR, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Dates: October 11-16, 2009

We are pleased to announce that the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology (MIT) will host the next five-day workshop June 13-18, 2010
in Cambridge MA. The October 2009 workshop is the final scheduled 5-day
workshop in Ann Arbor for this series and the June 2010 is the final
workshop in the series.  

The Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research
(ICPSR) will host the October 2009 Digital Preservation Management
workshop, originally developed at Cornell University Library by Anne R
Kenney and Nancy Y McGovern.   See brief bios for the current
instruction team at:
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/dpm/workshops/instructors.html.

The intended audience for the workshop series is managers at
organizations who are or will be responsible for digital preservation.
The workshop begins on Sunday evening with an opening session, continues
Mon-Thursday 9am - 5pm, and concludes Friday at noon. Additional
information about the workshop content and logistics is available at:
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/dpm/workshops/fiveday.html.  Please watch the
Web site for updates on topical workshops to be held in 2010 and for the
scheduling of future five-day workshops.  

Registration: The application form for the workshop will be available by
9am ET on Aug 3, 2009 and be available until registration is full (24
participants):
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/dpm/workshops/registration.html. Applicants
will be notified within 48hrs if they are accepted for participation.

The workshop series has been developed with funding from NEH.  

If you have questions, please contact us at:
[email-masked]  

---

Lance Stuchell

Project Coordinator, Digital Preservation Management Workshops