Subject: [CODE4LIB] ANN: Scholarships to Attend the 2010 Code4Lib Conference

From: Brett Bonfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:45:38 -0500

# Scholarships to Attend the 2010 Code4Lib Conference #

Oregon State University and Brown University are sponsoring four
scholarships to promote gender and cultural diversity. Each
scholarship will provide up to $1,000 to cover travel costs and
conference fees for one qualified attendee to attend the 2010 Code4lib
conference, which will be held in Asheville, NC, from Monday, February
22 through Thursday, February 25. The Code4Lib scholarship committee
will award these scholarships based on merit and need.

Scholarship recipients are expected to contribute a brief report on
the conference, which will be published in an upcoming [Code4Lib
Journal](http://journal.code4lib.org/). The reports from
[2008](http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/72) and
[2009](http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/998) are available online.
Reports should be submitted to The Code4Lib Journal at
[email-masked] by March 5, 2010.

## The Oregon State University and Brown University Gender Diversity
Scholarships ##

The Gender Diversity Scholarships will provide up to $1,000 to cover
travel costs and conference fees for two qualified applicants to
attend the 2010 Code4lib Conference. Any woman or transgendered person
who is interested in actively contributing to the mission and goals of
the Code4lib Conference is encouraged to apply.

## The Oregon State University and Brown University Minority Scholarships ##

The Minority Scholarships will provide up to $1,000 to cover travel
costs and conference fees for two qualified applicants to attend the
2010 Code4lib Conference. To qualify for this scholarship, an
applicant must be interested in actively contributing to the mission
and goals of the Code4lib Conference and must be of Hispanic or
Latino, Black or African-American, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Pacific
Islander, or American Indian or Alaskan Native descent.

## How to Apply ##

To apply, please send an email to [email-masked] with the following:

*  A brief letter of interest, which:
 1. Describes your interest in the conference and how you intend to participate
 2. Discusses your statement of need
 3. Indicates your eligibility
*  A résumé or CV
*  Contact information for two professional or academic references

The application deadline is January 7, 2010.

The scholarship committee will notify successful candidates no later
than January 14, 2010.