Subject: [CODE4LIB] iPRES 2009 draft conference program now available

From: Perry Willett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:20:50 -0700

[cross-posted to padiforum-l, dlf-announce, diglib,
digital-preservation, digipres, dspace-general, eprints-tech,
fedora-commons-users, and code4lib]

A draft conference program for iPRES 2009 is available on the conference
website at:

http://www.cdlib.org/iPres/confsched.html

Highlights include these keynote and plenary speakers and panels:

* David Kirsch will give a keynote address entitled: "The Public
Interest in Private Digital Records and Why We Should Care if
Corporations have the Right to be Forgotten."

* Members of the Blue Ribbon Task Force on Sustainable Digital
Preservation and Access will host a keynote panel session, giving their
"Perspectives on the Economics of Sustainable Digital Preservation."

* Henry Lowood on "Memento Mundi: Are Virtual Worlds History?"

* Martha Anderson on "The National Digital Stewardship Alliance Charter:
Enabling Collaboration to Achieve National Digital Preservation."

* A panel discussion including Tyler Walters, Liz Bishoff, Emily Gore,
Mark Jordan and Thomas Wilson on "Distributed Digital Preservation:
Technical, Sustainability, and Organizational Developments."

In addition, leading researchers and practitioners in digital
preservation will discuss current and future projects, developments and
trends. 

Also, look for other events during this unofficial "digital preservation
week" in San Francisco including PREMIS and JHOVE2 workshops, open
meetings from the Int'l Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC) and the
Int'l DOI Foundation, and the Sun-PASIG meeting:

http://www.cdlib.org/iPres/schedule.html

Thanks again to our sponsors for their generous support of iPRES 2009:
Sun (Platinum level); Isilon Systems, ExLibris, and IMLS (Gold level);
Tessella (Silver level); NetApp, Filetek and NDIIPP (Bronze level); and
DuraSpace (Sponsor). 

Early-bird registration is available through September 11, 2009. 

Have a look at our Social Networking page and join us on Facebook,
Twitter (hashtag #ipres09), Crowdvine and Flickr. 

Perry Willett

Digital Preservation Services Manager

California Digital Library

415 20th St., 4th Floor

Oakland CA 94612-2901

Ph: 510-987-0078

Fax: 510-893-5212

Email: [email-masked]