Subject: [CODE4LIB] Minnesota Historical Society RFI

From: Eric Celeste <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:44:19 -0500

The Minnesota Historical Society (MHS) is looking for help building its next
generation search tool. The engine currently driving their search is
proprietary, difficult to maintain, and expensive to tweek. They are very
interested in open solutions, though anything that might work is of
interest. What makes the MHS case challenging is that they bring together a
wide array of material, from traditional web search to image searching to
people searching and birth and death records under one roof. Since one query
can draw results from such varied sources, the result sets need to be
presented in a way that helps the user sort through the possibilities.
Today they issued an RFI. I will be helping them sort through the responses,
so I'd love to make sure we get some interesting ones in there! That's why
I'm sharing this with Code4Lib.

If you'd like to respond, please go for it! If you know someone to whom MHS
should send a copy of their Request for Information, please let me know.

The RFI itself can be found at:

   http://eric.clst.org/MHS/RFI

Thanks for any feedback you care to share!
...Eric

Eric Celeste / [email-masked] / http://eric.clst.org / 651-323-2009