Subject: [CODE4LIB] Code4Lib Journal Call for Papers

From: Carol Bean <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:44:57 -0500

Call for Papers (and apologies for cross-posting):

The Code4Lib Journal (C4LJ) exists to foster community and share  
information among those interested in the intersection of libraries,  
technology, and the future.

The Code4Lib Journal is now accepting proposals for publication in its  
8th issue. Don't miss out on this opportunity to share your ideas and  
experiences. To be included in the 9th issue, which is scheduled for  
publication in mid March, 2010, please submit articles, abstracts, or  
proposals at http://journal.code4lib.org/submit-proposal or to [email-masked] 
  by Friday, December 11, 2009. When submitting, please include the  
title or subject of the proposal in the subject line of the email  
message.

C4LJ encourages creativity and flexibility, and the editors welcome  
submissions across a broad variety of topics that support the mission  
of the journal. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

   * Practical applications of library technology (both actual and  
hypothetical)
   * Technology projects (failed, successful, or proposed), including  
how they were done and challenges faced
   * Case studies
   * Best practices
   * Reviews
   * Comparisons of third party software or libraries
   * Analyses of library metadata for use with technology
   * Project management and communication within the library environment
   * Assessment and user studies
C4LJ strives to promote professional communication by minimizing the  
barriers to publication. While articles should be of a high quality,  
they need not follow any formal structure. Writers should aim for the  
middle ground between blog posts and articles in traditional refereed  
journals. Where appropriate, we encourage authors to submit code  
samples, algorithms, and pseudo-code. For more information, visit  
C4LJ's Article Guidelines or browse articles from the first 7 issues  
published on our website: http://journal.code4lib.org.

Remember, for consideration for the 9th issue, please send proposals,  
abstracts, or draft articles to [email-masked] no  
later than Friday, December 11, 2009.

Send in a submission. Your peers would like to hear what you are doing.

Code4Lib Journal Editorial Committee