Subject: [CODE4LIB] ANN: University of Michigan Live vuFind beta!

From: Bill Dueber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:29:03 -0500

The University of Michigan University Libraries has gone live with a beta
installation of vuFind, currently branded as "Mirlyn2-Beta" to differentiate
it from our existing OPAC interface, Mirlyn. You can take a look at

  http://mirlyn2-beta.lib.umich.edu/

We've added several enhancements:

  - Spellcheck when there are no results (possible because we use  a recent
Solr nightly) -- try searching on 'minnesoa'
  - Extraction of search specifications into an external file for easier
tweaking
  - Integration of UMich's "High Level Browse" subject headings (seen here
as the "Academic Discipline" facet)
  - Inlining of more extensive, real-time availability information in search
results
  - Reworked Refworks export

Any comments or bug reports can be sent to me or, even better, via the "Tell
us what you think" button in the upper-right corner.

Thanks to everyone in all the various communities that have offered help and
feedback!

  -Bill-

-- 
Bill Dueber
Library Systems Programmer
University of Michigan Library