Subject: [CODE4LIB] Job Opening: Digital Technologies Development Librarian, NCSU Libraries

From: Tito Sierra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 11:20:49 -0400

Apologies for any cross-postings.

North Carolina State University (NCSU) Libraries is pleased to  
announce a new position opening for a Digital Technologies Development  
Librarian.  This position is based in Raleigh, NC.  The full  
announcement and more information is located at:

	http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/epa/dli2/dliva.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES

The North Carolina State University Libraries, recognized as the first  
recipient of the Association of College and Research Libraries’  
Excellence in Academic Libraries Award, offers a working environment  
of innovation, teamwork, and continuous interaction with students and  
faculty to further the educational mission of NC State University.   
The Libraries invites applications and nominations for the following  
position:

DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES DEVELOPMENT LIBRARIAN

Provides technical leadership and hands-on programming expertise for  
digital library projects. Identifies emerging technologies that have  
potential for new and improved library services. Working both  
independently and in team settings, develops new digital library  
services through an iterative process that emphasizes performance,  
sustainability, and usability.  Develops tools that support ongoing  
data analysis of library services and digital library projects.   
Maintains and provides enhancements to existing digital library  
applications and collaborates closely with Information Technology  
staff to develop and maintain supporting technology infrastructure.

Qualifications:  ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent advanced degree in  
information science, computer science or related field; two or more  
years of programming experience in a Unix environment; demonstrated  
application development experience with one or more open source  
programming languages; strong SQL and database development skills.   
Demonstrated ability to plan, document and complete projects is  
expected.

Position Number:  C-60-0905

Application process and schedule

Applications will be reviewed upon receipt; applications will be  
accepted until finalist candidates are selected.  Candidates are  
encouraged to apply as soon as possible to receive full  
consideration.  The nomination committee may invite candidates for  
confidential, pre-interview screenings.  Appointment requires  
successful completion of background check.  For assistance with this  
process contact NCSU Libraries Personnel Services Office (919) 515-3522.

Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer