Subject: [CODE4LIB] Call for proposals: EdUI Conference w/ Jared Spool, Michael Wesch, Molly Holzschlag and others

From: susan teague-rector <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:47:27 -0400

Colleagues,

Please excuse cross postings.

===== CALL FOR PARTICIPATION, EDUI 2009 CONFERENCE =====

* Have you completed an innovative Web project at your institution that 
you want to tell others about?
* Are you enthusiastic about introducing new technologies and techniques 
to other Web professionals?
* Do you want to share your ideas about user experience design and 
development for higher education or other large institutions?
* Are you ready to add something cool to your CV or resume?

Then we invite you to help make the EdUI 2009 conference a success! 
Submit your presentation proposal by July 1 2009.

-- About the Conference --

The University of Virginia (U.Va.), in partnership with User Interface 
Engineering (UIE), invites presentation proposals for EdUI 2009: 
Remaining <strong>, to be held September 21–22, 2009 in Charlottesville, 
Virginia on the U.Va. campus.

Economic times might be lean, but professional growth has never been 
more important. EdUI 2009: Remaining <strong> will provide an 
opportunity for Web professionals in higher education and local and 
regional businesses to share ideas about the opportunities and 
challenges surrounding web user interaction, interface design, and 
development. The conference will be particularly useful for:

* Web Designers
* Web Developers
* Webmasters
* User experience and interaction design professionals

We are delighted that our speaking lineup so far includes Jared Spool, 
founder of User Interface Engineering, as keynote speaker, with Michael 
Wesch, Dana Chisnell, Derek Featherstone, Molly Holzschlag & Dan Rubin 
as headliners. Jared, Dana, Derek, Molly, and Dan are some of today’s 
top authors and speakers in web design and development. Michael Wesch, 
featured in the most recent issue of National Geographic magazine, is 
widely known for his popular Youtube videos on the social and cultural 
impact of new media.

Find out more about these fantastic speakers at:
http://www.uie.com/about/
http://www.google.com/profiles/mike.wesch
http://www.usabilityworks.net/
http://boxofchocolates.ca/about
http://molly.com/about.php
http://superfluousbanter.org/about/

Keep up with the conference:
Email - http://eduiconf.org/joinlist
Twitter - http://twitter.com/edui2009
Facebook - search for "Edui 2009" and join our group

-- Be a Part of It --

Please join us for this exciting conference. We seek dynamic speakers 
willing to share their knowledge and expertise about user experience 
design and development through case studies, workshops, tutorials, and 
poster sessions. Preference is given to presentations that offer 
practical methods and ready-to-use techniques and tools.

Possible topics may include:

* Innovation and change in higher ed or large institution web sites
* Web strategies
* User experience design / interaction design
* Graphics workflows
* User testing
* CSS tips & techniques
* Web standards
* Web accessibility
* Reusability in web development
* Web applications frameworks
* Interaction & web applications testing
* Use of social media

Conference sessions will be 40 minutes long with a 5-minute question and 
answer period. Longer topics can be proposed to spread across two 
consecutive sessions in a "Part 1, Part 2" format.

-- Submission Guidelines & Important Dates --

If you would like to be considered as a speaker, please submit your 
ideas online at http://eduiconf.org/proposals/ by July 1, 2009.

The Conference Committee will review all submissions. Notification 
regarding acceptance will be made by July 22nd. If your proposal is 
selected, the primary speaker will receive a gratis registration to the 
full conference, including lunches and a reception. Conference 
organizers are not responsible for speakers' travel and accommodation 
costs.

We look forward to receiving your ideas and suggestions by July 1, 2009.

-- 

Best wishes,
EdUI Conference Organizers