Subject: [CODE4LIB] Registration for Code4lib Northwest is now open

From: Kyle Banerjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 12:38:31 -0700

Registration for Code4lib Northwest is now open!

Code4lib Northwest is based on Code4Lib, a chance for library
technologists to get together to share and create ideas about
innovative applications of technology in a library environment. If you
are into working on digital libraries, tools, and software, this is
the event for you.

Code4Lib Northwest  will be held on June 4, 2009 from 9 am to 4:30 at
the White Stag Building/University of Oregon in Portland. You can
register at http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB2295YCQWJ2X

Because of the size of the facilities and uncertainty of interest
within the community, the formal Code4Lib Northwest 2009 event is
capped at approximately 60 participants.  The Registration fee will be
$50, which will be used primary to cover lunch, refreshments
throughout the day

More information on the conference can be found at
http://groups.google.com/group/pnwcode4lib/web/pnw-code4lib-2009 We
encourage you to join the Google group pnwcode4lib

The schedule is being assembled, and new proposals for short,
provocative presentations are still welcome.

Code4lib Northwest feature approximately eight 20 minute sessions, and
two periods (a morning and late afternoon) consisting of lightning
talks. Lightning talks are only 5 minutes long, so they make it easy
for a large number of people to share ideas with the group. The hope
is that most people who attend will bring an idea to share.

If you have any questions, contact either Terry Reese
([email-masked]), Kyle Banerjee ([email-masked])
or submit them to the pnwcode4lib Google group.