Subject: [CODE4LIB] microformats creator

From: Edward Iglesias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:13:54 -0400

All right, this has to exist but I can't find it.  I'm looking for a simple
script to convert a csv file of staff names into hcards.  So it would start
with a list like

John ,Smith,Organization,[email-masked] <[email-masked]>,555-5555

and spit out

<div id="hcard-John-Smith" class="vcard">
 <span class="fn">John Smith</span>
 <div class="org">Organization</div>
 <a class="email" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
 <div class="tel">555-5555</div>
<p style="font-size:smaller;">This <a href="
http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard">hCard</a> created with the <a href="
http://microformats.org/code/hcard/creator">hCard creator</a>.</p>
</div>

the hcard creator does a lovley job for one at a time

http://microformats.org/code/hcard/creator

but I want to do this with 50 or more names at a time that come out of a
mysql query as csv.  Before I try to do this from scratch in perl does
anyone know of something out there that already does this?

Thanks in advance,

Edward Iglesias