Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] XForms EAD editor sandbox available

From: Winona Salesky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:13:29 -0500

I've found this thread very helpful (and heartening). At UVM most of  
our metadata work is now being done through XForms, and we are just  
moving over to Orbeon. We have a fairly complete form for MODS records  
and a form for METS creation in the works, but we also handle EAD and  
TEI records and as yet have very little online support for their  
creation. We run our site on eXist and Solr, submitting to both via  
XForms.

I'm particularly interested in Chris's example of the autosuggest as  
we have been struggling with the best way to manage authority data,  
and would love to be able to tie it into external services if possible.

I have found that the larger forms tend to be rather slow to render  
and does make me cautious about how complex we can make our forms.  
Anyone else having performance issues with Orbeon?

-Winona

----------------------------------
Digital Initiatives Librarian
The University of Vermont
[email-masked]