Subject: [CODE4LIB] ETD package for ProQuest/UMI old and new delivery platforms

From: "Han, Yan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:33:13 -0700

Hello, All, 

As mentioned before, I have received quite a few inquiries about the
packages. I have created a web page so that you can download them. I
have also made some fixes on the package. The software package does:

*         Unzip ProQuest/UMI ETD delivery Zipped files, and create one
directory per ETD. 

*         Rename these ETDs into other preferred file names (in my case,
Wang_arizona_0009D_10075.xml --> azu_etd_10075_sip1_m.xml)

*         Generate digital signature for digital preservation.

*         Create MARC records from ProQuest/UMI XML files.  (i.e. a MRK
file will be generated for direct loading to catalog. I load MRC file to
innovative and Koha)

*         Create embargo notification and moving embargo ETDs to a
different directory for future loading

Note: My package is based on files received by U. Arizona. I do not have
access to other Universities/colleges files. I am not sure if your
University/College have a completely different file naming/structure. If
you can email me your university/college file pattern, I might be able
to generate something more flexible.  

The download page is available at
http://www.afghanresource.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=v
iew&id=37&Itemid=52 . There are two packages existing. Please make sure
you have the similar file pattern listed on the page. 

Thanks,

Yan Han