Subject: [CODE4LIB] Job posting: NATIONAL DIGITAL HERITAGE ARCHIVE DEVELOPER

From: Peter McKinney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:31:29 +1300

**apologies for any cross posting**

NATIONAL DIGITAL HERITAGE ARCHIVE DEVELOPER
Vacancy Number: NL2112

National Library of New Zealand has a vacancy for a senior developer to
lead the ongoing development of its National Digital Heritage Archive
(NDHA).

Position Role and Purpose
The primary focus of the NDHA Developer is to provide required software
development and support services to contribute to ongoing research and
development in the digital preservation arena including deposit,
storage, preservation, access and integration mechanisms for digital
objects over time.

You will be responsible for the overall support of existing and
development of new software applications and components that integrate
or interface with the NDHA, and provide second level technical support
(after the NDHA System Administrator) for the resolution of technical
issues.

You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders as
appropriate, including the international digital preservation community.

Ideally you will have a tertiary qualification in information
technology, computer science or information science or its equivalent
and will certainly have relevant work experience. Substantial software
development experience (preferably in a related domain area) and
demonstrated expertise in Java technologies is required. A working
knowledge of UNIX systems, Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS X as well
as experience with metadata standards (including Dublin Core, METS/MODS
and PREMIS) is preferred. An understanding of preservation metadata and
related digital preservation strategies would also be welcomed. 

This is a unique opportunity to work in a leading digital preservation
programme and to contribute to the global development effort in digital
preservation.

For further information, please contact Chrissie Whitfield, Programme
Director, National Digital heritage Archive (+ 64 4 474 3124). 

A role description and application form are available on National
Library’s website: www.natlib.govt.nz (Vacancy NL2112) or from
Personnel Services, People and Culture, National Library of New Zealand
(+64 4 474 3065). Email: [email-masked]. 

Applications close 5pm Friday 4 December 2009.

The National Library has an equal employment opportunity policy, and a
commitment to meeting its objectives under the Treaty of Waitangi.

-- 

******************
Peter McKinney
NDHA Preservation Policy Analyst
National Digital Heritage Archive Business Unit
Te Puna Matauranga o Aotearoa 
National Library of New Zealand
PO Box 1467, Wellington 6140
Tel: 04 474 3000 ext 8784
http://www.natlib.govt.nz/ndha