Subject: [CODE4LIB] OpenCamp: An Open Everything Event, April 8-- Madison, WI

From: Alnisa Allgood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:40:21 -0500

We're co-sponsoring, OpenCamp and I would love to see more nonprofit
organizations and libraries actively involved in open access, open
software, open government, public domain, and other 'open' issues. The
details are below.

...
OpenCamp:  An Open Everything Event
10am - 6pm, Saturday, 18 April 2009
Grainger Hall, UW Madison,
975 University Avenue,
Madison, WI 53706

Cost: Free
Invite: Open to the Public
RSVP: To Reserve Space
Web: http://madison.openeverything.us

"It's about thinking, doing and being open." On Saturday, April 18,
2009 individuals from Madison, Milwaukee, and surrounding areas will
gather at UW Madison's Grainger Hall to challenge the future. From the
economic meltdown, to access to research, to remixing content, there
is a rising tide of rebellion against the confines of the inapplicable
growth of property protection versus the freedoms to innovate.
OpenCamp is that collective voice.  OpenCamp: An Open Everything Event
is a unique opportunity that gathers people interested in using
'openness' and provides the ability to network, discussion, teach, and
learn on how to create, improve, and make more accessible— art,
education, software, government, media, neighborhoods, workplaces— the
very society we live in.

Sponsored by Open Madison Group (OMG!), Students for a Free Culture @
UW, and Madison's Nonprofit Technology Group (MadTech) aspires to take
the challenge of Barack Obama to heart, "We must use all available
technologies and methods to open up government, to create new levels
of transparency in the way business is conducted."

See Press Release: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df64pb8f_68f3z79kcj
(Google Doc)

--
......................

Alnisa Allgood
Executive Director
Nonprofit Tech
t. 608.241.3616
e. [email-masked]