Subject: [CODE4LIB] LibraryThing Internship

From: Tim Spalding <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:45:53 -0400

LibraryThing.com, the innovative, Portland, Maine-based social
networking site for book lovers wants an intern.

We can think of four possible "types" for whom we could create a nifty
internship. We're only looking to get one intern, though.

* "Weird Library Science" (MLS students)
* "Web 2.0 Programming" (computer students)
* "Web 2.0 Marketing" (anyone)
* "Web 2.0 Design" (design students)

We offer:

*Minimum wage, probably
*Full- or part-time
*Cool, anarchic work environment

We'd love to get someone in who could help us, but the focus will be
on learning what we know, and doing interesting, open-ended and
intellectually stimulating projects. We'd rather get someone local,
but if you really want to do something remote, and have a strong idea
what you could do with us, we'd love to hear from you.

About LibraryThing:

LibraryThing (http://www.librarything.com) is a social networking and
social cataloging site for book lovers. Over 700,000 members have used
the site to catalog over 40 million books--and created a whole new way
of relating to book and to book people.