Subject: [CODE4LIB] RLG Social Metadata Survey

From: "Varnum, Ken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:32:00 -0400

*******
* With apologies for cross-posting.
* Please distribute widely as appropriate.
*******

The RLG Partners Social Metadata Working Group
<http://www.oclc.org/research/activities/aggregating/default.htm> (of which
I am a member) has created a survey to supplement our research into the
innovative ways in which libraries, archives, museums and other cultural
heritage institutions could gather and incorporate user-supplied metadata
and content. 

We have identified 60 social metadata site managers who have received a
survey, but we may well have missed some! The sites the working group has
been reviewing are listed in the Social Metadata document in the OCLC
Research WebJunction portal:  http://bit.ly/3ZukRw

We¹d like to gather as many experiences from social metadata/media site
managers as possible. Please share the following link to the survey to
anyone who manages a site with social media features --  user-contributed
notes, images, video, recommendations, tags, comments or annotations,
editing, reviews, ratings, bookmarks, etc.

The survey is available at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=2tkgCuVWeHCTjTgc16b96Q_3d_3d

This survey, which consists of questions arranged in thirteen topical
sections, should take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. People may return
to the survey at any time to review or revise their responses before the
survey closes on November 13.

If you have any questions about the survey, please contact Karen
Smith-Yoshimura at [email-masked].

With thanks,

Ken Varnum
On behalf of the RLG Partners Social Metadata Working Group

-- 
Ken Varnum
Web Systems Manager
University Library                       E: [email-masked]
University of Michigan                   T: 734-615-3287
309 Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library      F: 734-647-6897
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1205                 http://www.lib.umich.edu/