Subject: [CODE4LIB] irplus - Institutional Repository Software

From: "Sarr, Nathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:21:49 -0500

The University of Rochester is pleased to announce the alpha version of
its new institutional repository software platform named irplus.  It
contains the following features:

-          Personal authoring work space

-          Collaborative authoring and versioning

-          Publishing

-          Publication Versioning

-          Faceted searching

-          Researcher pages

-          Statistics  

A further explanation of the highlights can be found here:
http://tinyurl.com/ir-plus-highlights-pdf
<http://tinyurl.com/ir-plus-highlights-pdf> 

You can visit our test system which has over 6,000 loaded items from our
existing repository system.

https://128.151.244.116/home.action (you may need to add a security
exception because we are using a self signed certificate)

The software was developed during a two year grant from the IMLS
foundation.  During the grant period the university applied its user
centered design approach to design a repository for not only today's
users but also the next generation of academics.  The result of the
project produced the irplus software and a report which can be found on
the project group web site:

http://tinyurl.com/User-Study <http://tinyurl.com/User-Study> 

We have set up a project web site here: http://code.google.com/p/irplus/

We have set up a Google group here:
http://groups.google.com/group/irplus

If you are curious and would like to learn about the system, please
don't hesitate to ask.  We have also created the following manuals (they
all have lots of screen shots so you don't need to install the system to
get an idea of what it does):

User Manual: http://tinyurl.com/ir-plus-user-manual-pdf
<http://tinyurl.com/ir-plus-user-manual-pdf> 

Administration Manual: http://tinyurl.com/ir-plus-admin-manual-pdf
<http://tinyurl.com/ir-plus-admin-manual-pdf> 

Installation Manual: http://tinyurl.com/ir-plus-install-manual-pdf
<http://tinyurl.com/ir-plus-install-manual-pdf> 

We hope that you will download the software/documentation and report and
let us know what you think.

Best Wishes,

-Nate

Nathan Sarr

Senior Software Engineer

River Campus Libraries

University of Rochester

Rochester, NY  14627

(585) 275-0692