Subject: [CODE4LIB] Fwd: New position: Systems and Digital Collections Librarian

From: "Mark A. Matienzo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:05:53 -0400

FYI.

Mark A. Matienzo
Applications Developer, Digital Experience Group
The New York Public Library

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andy Leach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:30 AM
Subject: [archives] New position: Systems and Digital Collections Librarian
To: "Archives & Archivists (A&A) List" <[email-masked]>

Greetings,

I hope the new position below will be of interest to some A&A List
subscribers.  A complete job description can be found at
http://www.rockhall.com/careers/.

Please excuse cross postings.

Thanks,

Andy Leach
Director of Library and Archives
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
1100 Rock and Roll Blvd. | Cleveland, OH 44114-1022
[email-masked] | www.rockhall.com

------------------------------------------------------

ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME AND MUSEUM
Systems and Digital Collections Librarian

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is currently seeking
candidates for the position of Systems and Digital Collections
Librarian. Reporting to the Director of Library and Archives, the
Systems and Digital Collections Librarian is responsible for supporting
technology resources in the Library and Archives - including integrated
library systems, archival management software, digital asset management
systems, and content management systems - and maintains the servers and
workstations within the Library and Archives. He/she evaluates,
recommends, implements, and provides support for the integration of new
technologies in the delivery of information in the Library and Archives.
The Systems and Digital Collections Librarian also evaluates,
recommends, and implements software solutions, methodologies, and
standards for the creation and preservation of the Library and Archives'
digital collections. Additionally, he/she performs regular updates and
maintenance of the web site of the Library and Archives.

Required: Master's degree in library science, information studies, or
related degree; minimum of 2 (two) years providing technology support in
a library or archives; experience working with integrated library
systems, archival management software, digital asset management systems,
and/or content management systems; thorough understanding of technology
in a research library or archives; knowledge of all aspects of library
and information science; knowledge of library- and archives-related
metadata standards and schema; experience working on a digitization
project; knowledge of current trends in digitization and the long-term
management and preservation of digital objects; knowledge of Ethernet
networks, servers, printers, and other peripherals; knowledge of Windows
XP/Vista client configuration and support in a Windows networking
environment; familiarity with Web 2.0 technologies, including blogs,
wikis, and RSS.

Preferred: Experience with web design; experience providing reference
service in a library or archives environment; knowledge of the history
of rock and roll and related music genres.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is a nonprofit organization
that exists to educate visitors, fans and scholars from around the world
about the history and continuing significance of rock and roll music. It
carries out this mission both through its operation of a world-class
museum that collects, preserves, exhibits and interprets this art form
and through its Library and Archives as well as its educational
programs.  The Library and Archives of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
and Museum will be the most comprehensive repository of materials
relating to the history of rock and roll. Its mission is to collect,
preserve, and provide access to these materials for scholars, educators,
students, journalists, and the general public in order to further their
understanding of rock and roll, its roots, and its impact on our
society.

For consideration, send resume and cover letter detailing your
qualifications along with salary history to: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
and Museum, 1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44114-1022,
Attn: Human Resources - Systems and Digital Collections Librarian -
0906, or email to [email-masked]. No telephone calls please.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is an equal opportunity
employer and a Drug Free Workplace