Subject: [CODE4LIB] LAST REMINDER: Call for Code4Lib 2010 Hosting Proposals

From: "Michael J. Giarlo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:16:44 -0500

Folks,

It's just about last call.  The deadline for Code4Lib 2010 hosting
proposals is this Thursday, February 12th.   Don't you want the
world's finest and most inebriated library technologists running wild
in the streets of your city next February?

See below for the skinny.

-Mike

********
The Code4Lib Conference Planning Group is putting out a call for
proposals to host the 2010 Code4Lib Conference.  Information on the
kind of venue we seek and the delineation of responsibilities between
the host organization and the Planning Group can be found at the
conference hosting web page [1].

The deadline for proposals is Thursday, February 12, 2009.  The
decision will be made over the course of the following weeks by a
popular vote.  Voting will begin on Thursday, February 19th and will
continue through the first three days of Code4Lib 2009 until 11:59PM
Pacific on Wednesday, February 25th. The results of the vote will be
announced on Thursday, February 26th, the final day of Code4Lib 2009.
You can apply by making your pitch to the Code4Lib Conference Planning
list [2]; attention to the criteria listed on the conference hosting
page is appreciated.  May the best site win!

1. http://code4lib.org/conference/hosting
2. [email-masked]

---

From: Roy Tennant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 08:33:05 -0800

Just about last call? Since when have inebriated library technologists ever
submitted anything except at the last minute? We are SO FAR from last call,
my friend. That would be 3 DAYS from now by my watch. mjgiarlo, you of all
inebriated technologists know this. ;-)
Roy

--

---

From: "Michael J. Giarlo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:54:46 -0500

Roy,

Sorry for the transgression.  In fact, I am so inebriated that I
thought it was Thursday morning already.

-Mike