Subject: [CODE4LIB] RIRI 2009 Open for Registration

From: Paul Pound <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:23:53 -0300

Apologies for cross-posting:

Register now for the 2009 Red Island Repository Institute on Prince  
Edward Island - July 20-24.

Reserve your spot at the Fedora-focused Repository Institute on Prince 

Edward Island, one of Canada’s premiere travel destinations known for
 
its sandy beaches, golfing, seafood and iconic red dirt roads. The 1- 
week hands-on workshop will be led by Chris Wilper and Thorny Staples 

(Fedora Commons), Matt Zumwault (MediaShelf) and Mark Leggott  
(Islandora, UPEI). Register soon, as the seats are limited to 20  
participants and they tend to go fast. If you plan on attending you  
should also book a room as soon as you can, as the summer is premiere 

time on the Island.

The Institute is hands-on and is targeted at individuals from  
institutions planning or running a repository program and is intended 

for users with a wide range of experience, from managers to  
programmers. Based on last year's feedback, we have added a number of 

break-out sessions tailored for either managers or developers.  
Attendees will be provided all the information and tools needed to  
implement and maintain a flexible repository program using Fedora.  
Since the Institute is a combination of lecture and hands-on  
experience, we encourage all participants to bring their own laptops. 

This will allow participants to return to their place of work with a  
fully-functional Fedora installation for further development and  
testing. Those participants who are not able to bring a laptop will be 

provided with one to use for the duration of the Institute.

Registration includes meals (except dinners for Tuesday to Thursday), 

special events and all materials.  The workshop agenda and  
registration form are now available at http://vre.upei.ca/riri/.

If you have questions about this year's RIRI, please contact Mark  
Leggott at [email-masked].

Paul Pound
System Programmer/Analyst
Robertson Library 
UPEI
902 566 0353
[email-masked]