Subject: [CODE4LIB] Position open: Chair in E-Librarianship, York University, Toronto

From: William Denton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 11:53:19 -0400

Hi,

York University (Toronto, Canada) has a new chair, the WP Scott Chair in 
E-Librarianship, and applications and proposals are being accepted until 
15 October 2009.

I work there and I hope someone with a really exciting research project 
gets the chair.  If you want to take one to three years to really dig into 
something, while living in a very nice city, please apply, or pass this on 
to someone who might be interested.  Anyone in the world can apply.

The full posting is here:

http://webapps.yorku.ca/academichiringviewer/viewposition.jsp?positionnumber=1091

A short extract from it:

"York University invites candidates to apply for a limited term 
appointment of one to three years to engage in groundbreaking, 
interdisciplinary research and development that will advance libraries. 
The W. P. Scott Chair in E-Librarianship provides an exciting opportunity 
to accelerate the development of e-librarianship in support of research, 
teaching, learning or scholarly communications. The research may be 
interdisciplinary, with a context that is broader than academic 
librarianship. The areas of research should be of mutual interest to the 
candidate and to York University Libraries so that both benefit from a 
close working relationship.

"A strong commitment to research in any relevant area of e-librarianship 
such as: e-learning, digital collections, collaborative web spaces, social 
software, interactive and integrative online services, semantic web or 
cyberinfrastructure is required. The Chair must have demonstrated success 
in directing and conducting research or a large project. As a member of 
the YUL complement, the successful candidate will contribute in an area of 
the libraries suited to the candidate's area of expertise."

Bill
-- 
William Denton, Toronto : miskatonic.org www.frbr.org openfrbr.org