Subject: [CODE4LIB] Job posting: Senior Applications Developer, The New York Public Library

From: "Mark A. Matienzo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:32:59 -0400

Applications for this position are being accepted online at
http://jobs-nypl.icims.com/jobs/5655/job

Senior Applications Developer, The New York Public Library

Job ID:  	2009-5655
Location:  	Manhattan
Type:  	Full-Time Regular
Department:  	DGTL, Digital Experience 		

Position Description:

Under the direction of the Managing Director, NYPL Digital Labs:

    * Supports the implementation of a multi-instance Fedora repository
    * Codes, integrates, and maintains services and applications that
support digital object ingest, preservation, search, discovery,
distribution, and presentation
    * Designs, implements, tests, and writes documentation of custom
software applications
    * Integrates and extends various open-source solutions
    * Manipulates large metadata sets

Eligibility Requirements:

    * Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field;
advanced degree preferred
    * 3-5 years of related experience.
    * Extensive experience with relational databases, database design,
and fluency in SQL
    * Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience,
including knowledge of core libraries, servlets, JDBC Experience with
Apache Web server and Tomcat application server
    * Knowledge of RESTful architectures and HTTP; familiarity with
RDF, OWL and triplestores preferred
    * Experience with other programming languages, such as PHP,
Python, or Ruby preferred
    * Experience with Web services technologies (SOAP/WSDL) preferred
    * Experience with the Fedora repository software is preferred

--
Mark A. Matienzo
Applications Developer, Digital Experience Group
The New York Public Library