Subject: [CODE4LIB] EdUI Conference - Less than two weeks to register!

From: John Loy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:44:11 -0400

=== LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LEFT TO REGISTER! ===

The last day to register for EdUI is Tuesday Sept 15th. That's in less
than 2 weeks. If you've been waiting to register, now's the time!

http://edui.eventbrite.com

=== ABOUT EDUI ===

http://eduiconf.org
Sept. 21-22 in Charlottesville, VA on the U.Va. Campus

If you don't yet know what EdUI is all about, be sure to check out
http://eduiconf.org . In short, EdUI (the name is a marriage of "Edu"
and "UI") is a conference for web professionals, particularly those in
higher ed, that offers full-day workshops and peer presentations on
user experience and user interface issues like usability, design,
coding, rich media, and social media.

=== WHAT YOU'LL BE MISSING (BUT HOPEFULLY NOT) ===

We've got some of the biggest names in web design and development
coming to Charlottesville, VA on Sept. 21-22.

Want to talk Web Standards with Molly Holzschlag, former group lead
for the Web Standards Project, an invited expert to the HTML and CSS
working groups at the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and co-author
The Zen of CSS Design?

Or maybe you want to learn about Usability Testing with Dana Chisnell,
founder of Usability Works and author of "The Handbook of Usability
Testing".

What about building FaceBook Apps with Arin Sime and Wayne Graham?
(Wayne wrote the book on the FaceBook API, BTW)

Or maybe these are more your thing:

* Social Media with Michael Wesch
* User Interface Engineering with Jared Spool
* Visual Design with Dan Rubin
* Creating Great Web Content with David Poteet

These are just scratching the surface! Check out the full schedule at
http://www.eduiconf.org/program/

Why travel to a large city to see these speakers at twice the cost
when they'll be in Charlottesville, Virginia at EdUI?

=== REFER A FRIEND, WIN A DELL LAPTOP! ===

We know you're already planning to come to EdUI 2009 (aren't you) to
see some of the biggest names in web design and development. But what
about your friends and colleagues?

Well, now they can help you win a Dell Latitude 2100 Netbook when you
refer them to us! When they register, tell them to enter your name as
how they heard about the conference. We'll have a drawing during the
conference and announce the winner. Every registration you refer to
EdUI will increase your chances of winning.

Dell Netbook Latitude 2100
Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz processor
512MB ram
16 GB hard drive
10.1 inch display
802.11 B/G wireless
Windows XP Home

See http://tinyurl.com/mr6koq to find out more (including a few
important restrictions).

=== SO YOU'RE REGISTERED. GOT EVERYTHING ELSE LINED UP? ===

-- Buffet Lunch --
Don't forget about our "Birds of a Feather" networking lunch. For just
$16 you get a buffet lunch and a great opportunity to network with
your peers. Sign up now at http://edui.eventbrite.com/ .

-- Hotel Rooms --
Coming from out of town?  We have a block of rooms available for a
special rate. Learn more at http://www.eduiconf.org/venue-and-travel/
.

------

EdUI is made possible by The Virginia Foundation for the Humanities
http://www.VirginiaFoundation.org , in partnership with the University
of Virginia http://www.Virginia.edu and an array of corporate
sponsors.

------
Best wishes,
EdUI Conference Organizers