Subject: [CODE4LIB] Importing MARC records into Drupal 6 and/or the Biblio module

From: Phil Cryer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:45:33 -0600

I've been working with Drupal 6, along with the Biblio module and have
imported articles, this works great.  However now that I'm trying some
MARC records it's failing.  I've read posts on drupal.org and I see
that the functionality to import MARC -> Biblio is no longer there (?)
 The thing is, I can't even get MARC to import as a story/node, so I'm
obviously missing something in my install.  I've read that you need to
use CCK and find a MARC tab in there, but I don't have that tab, so I
assume those are old docs.  I have the Import MARC option in the admin
menus, but again, it fails listing errors such as:

* Publication Type field is required.
* Year of Publication must be a number between 1 and 2010 or the words
"In Press" or "Submitted"

Where do I need to define those?  Also, Drupal's internal logging tells me:

Details
Type	form
Date	Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 12:27
User	admin
Location	http://mbgdevlsrv01.mobot.org/books/cron.php
Referrer	http://mbgdevlsrv01.mobot.org/books/admin/content/marc
Message	Illegal choice in Publication Type element.
Severity	error
Hostname	172.16.17.72
Operations	

I'm going to post this to the forums as well, but since I can't even
import a MARC I thought I'd ask here since somebody must be doing
that.

Thanks

P