Subject: [CODE4LIB] Job Posting: University of Kansas -- Systems Specialist - Library Systems & Application Administration

From: "Roach, Mary K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 07:36:38 -0600

Information Technology, a division of Information Services at the
University of Kansas has an opening for a Systems Specialist - Library
Systems & Application Administration.

This position works as part of the Application Administration team
providing key foundational support for systems supporting scholarly
information and related services. Reporting to the Head of IT
Application Administration, the Systems Specialist collaborates with IT
and library professionals in the installation, configuration, upgrade,
maintenance, development, delivery and support of systems supporting
scholarly information and related services at KU, including library-wide
information services and resources. This position also acts as a
business analyst to document the Libraries' technology needs for
presentation to the Libraries' and IT leadership. 

This position's primary role supports systems and services associated
with library management and scholarly communications including the
Integrated Library Management System (ILMS) and catalog, interlibrary
loan system, institutional repository, visual resources software,
off-site storage (annex) management system, and other vendor and open
source applications related to teaching, learning and research at the
university. Products currently in use include Voyager, Illiad, Luna
Insight, DSpace, Open Journal Systems, Extensible Text Framework, CNRI
Handle Server, etc.

Required Qualifications:

1.     Two years relevant experience in a library environment supporting
such activities as integrated library management systems, networking,
hardware and software as they relate to the delivery of library
services.

2.     Two years experience installing, upgrading, configuring and
maintaining server-based applications in a UNIX environment.

3.      Effective written communication skills as evidenced by
application materials.

For a complete Position Description see https://jobs.ku.edu and search
by position number 00000056 for further information and to apply.  First
review of applications will begin January 4, 2010.  Closing date is
January 29, 2010.    EO/AA 

Mary Roach

Search Committee, Chair

Associate Dean - Technical Services

University of Kansas Libraries

Lawrence, KS 66045

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

785-864-3046