Subject: [CODE4LIB] SRU Research Project

From: Michael Silver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:39:05 -0600

Dear colleagues (with apologies for cross-posting),

Does your organization provide access to your resources using the Search 
/ Retrieve via URL (SRU) protocol? Does it use SRU to search other 
collections? Would you like to discuss your experiences with SRU?

I am a graduate student at the University of Alberta conducting a study 
aimed at improving this protocol by studying the experiences and 
perceptions of system administrators. If you are responsible for 
administering SRU server or client systems, and those systems are in 
production use, then your participation is needed in this study. If this 
describes part of your duties, please consider volunteering to 
participate in this study. To volunteer or to request further 
information, please contact me using the information at the bottom of 
this email.

As a participant in this study, you will be asked to commit 
approximately 60 minutes of your time for an initial interview. 
Depending on the results from the initial round of interviews, 
participants may be contacted for follow-up interviews lasting, at most, 
30 minutes. All interviews will be scheduled at your convenience, and 
most will be conducted over the telephone.

Thank you for your consideration of this project. Please feel free to 
forward this email to anyone you feel may be interested.

I look forward to hearing from you!

T. Michael Silver, MLIS student
School of Library and Information Studies
3-20 Rutherford South
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2J5
Phone: 403.348.7600 (mobile)
Email: [email-masked]

If you have questions or concerns about this project, you may also 
contact my faculty supervisor.
 
Dr. Lisa M. Given, Associate Professor
School of Library and Information Studies
3-20 Rutherford South
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2J5
Phone: 780.492.2033
Email: [email-masked]

-- 
Michael Silver
MLIS Student
School of Library and Information Studies
University of Alberta
[email-masked]