Subject: [CODE4LIB] Job Announcement - Web Services Librarian at University of Alaska Anchorage

From: Mike Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:08:20 -0800

POSITION
Web Services Librarian
Full-time, tenure-track faculty
Consortium Library
University of Alaska Anchorage

SUMMARY
The award-winning Consortium Library at the University of Alaska  
Anchorage (UAA) is recruiting for the position of Web Services  
Librarian. We are looking for an energetic, knowledgeable, and  
creative individual to manage the Consortium Library's web presence.

Located near the Chugach Mountains in Alaska's largest city  
(population 282,000), the Consortium Library serves both UAA with  
19,000 students, and Alaska Pacific University (APU), a private  
institution with 500 students. A comprehensive metropolitan  
university, UAA consists of the Anchorage campus as well as five  
community campuses, and additional sites in rural communities and on  
military installations throughout Southcentral Alaska. UAA offers  
certificate, associate, baccalaureate, and graduate programs in the  
arts, humanities, sciences, and professions.

The Web Services Librarian is responsible for the ongoing design,  
development, and evaluation of the Consortium Library's web  
presence.  This position works closely with library staff and  
university communities to ensure delivery of web services and online  
resources. The Web Services Librarian provides expertise on web  
technologies to library faculty and staff and promotes the Library's  
website as an instructional tool.

For a complete job description, please visit https://www.uakjobs.com/ 
applicants/Central?quickFind=66471.

SALARY
Minimum $60,000 annually; health and life insurance, tuition waiver  
benefits; represented by bargaining unit.

TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online at http://www.uakjobs.com   
Referring to position number, PCN 305005, upload a cover letter of  
application, resume or curriculum vita, URL of portfolio or example  
websites and the names, addresses, email, telephone and fax numbers  
of at least three professional references.

CLOSING DATE
The screening committee will begin reviewing applications April 30,  
2009.  Applications will be accepted until the recruitment is  
closed.  Candidates are encouraged to apply by the review date to  
receive full consideration.

---

From: Vernon Chapman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:56:13 -0400

The National Agricultural Library in Beltsville Maryland is proud to
the formation of new local code4lib group. The group will be known as 
code4libMDC.

Code4libMDC aims to provide a forum for software developers, web designers,
and systems engineers, to share and collaborate on new and ongoing projects
of interest to the library community.

We hope that you can attend our first meeting scheduled for April 3, at the
National Agricultural Library located at 10301 Baltimore Ave,
Beltsville MD from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Directions available at: http://tinyurl.com/dae6w7

Refreshments will be provided starting at 9:00 a.m.

Please feel free to forward this message to other interested parties.
Seating is limited, so please contact us at the address below if you 
plan on attending,
and use Code4libMDC as the subject line.
Vernon Chapman ([email-masked])

Thanks

Vernon

---

From: "Boheemen, Peter van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:39:05 +0100

We have started a community for the Dutch and Belgian community at http://groups.google.com/group/code4bib

Peter

---

From: "Edward M. Corrado" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:06:57 -0400

Congratulations and good luck with the group!