Subject: [CODE4LIB]

From: Tim Cornwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 08:48:46 -0400

By way of a response to Etienne's request to hear from other fedora-commons development,
and our own announcement:

The NSDL technical network services group (TNS) has released it's own set of tools for
repository management based on a fedora-commons back end.

At http://ncore.nsdl.org/ you can find information about EduPak
(http://ncore.nsdl.org/index.php?menu=services&submenu=services!EduPak)

The EduPak bundle (http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsdl-core/) includes a catalog
management and search/discovery tool integrated with a fedora-commons-backed repository
along with a generalized fedora-commons API for handling resource references and metadata
objects.  

The fedora-commons project has two complete OAI services already, but the MOAI service
looks like OAI aggregator heaven.  

Tim

Timothy Cornwell, Programmer/Analyst
National Science Digital Library (http://nsdl.org)
301 College Avenue
Ithaca,  NY 14850
(607)255-3297