Subject: [CODE4LIB] Job opportunity: Systems Librarian (Agency for the Legal Deposit Libraries) CLOSING DATE EXTENDED

From: Alison Felstead <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 08:48:34 -0000

(With apologies for cross-posting.)

The closing date for this job has been extended to Monday 14 December.

It would make an attractive secondment opportunity for someone wanting
to gain additional experience of systems librarianship, and who is
interested in working in the beautiful city of Edinburgh, Scotland.

Please feel free to forward this to colleagues and contacts who might be
interested in this post, or to other appropriate mailing lists.  Many
thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Job title: Systems Librarian (Agency for the Legal Deposit Libraries).

Salary: £27,015-£31,318 per annum 

Status: This post is full-time and for one year in the first instance,
with the possibility of an extension for a second year.

The Agency for the Legal Deposit Libraries (ALDL) operates on behalf of
five of the six UK Legal Deposit Libraries, these being the Bodleian
Library at Oxford University, Cambridge University Library, the National
Library of Scotland, the National Library of Wales and Trinity College
Dublin.  It is based within the National Library of Scotland's building
at 161 Causewayside in Edinburgh.

The person appointed to the new post of Systems Librarian will play an
important role in the operations of the ALDL.  He or she will gain a
detailed knowledge of the Vubis Smart library management system (LMS)
and its ALDL enhancements.  He or she will administer and support this
system (both live and test environments) and its related processes, and
will liaise with the system suppliers (Infor), the systems staff of the
National Library of Scotland and the nominated staff in all the Legal
Deposit Libraries in order to achieve this purpose.

Closing date: Monday 14 December.

Interviews will be held in Edinburgh in mid-January.

For further particulars and to submit an application go to
http://www.nls.uk/ and click on 'careers at NLS'.  Telephone NLS Human
Resources on 0131 623 3721 if you need further help.

ALISON FELSTEAD : HEAD OF TECHNICAL SERVICES LIAISON : COLLECTIONS &
RESOURCE DESCRIPTION : OXFORD UNIVERSITY LIBRARY SERVICES : ROOM 308 :
BODLEIAN LIBRARY : OXFORD OX1 3BG : +44 (0)1865 277202 :
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>