Subject: [CODE4LIB] FW: [EACWG] Announcement

From: "Mark A. Matienzo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:48:47 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------

==Please Excuse Cross-posting==

The EAC Working Group is pleased to announce the release of the
EAC-CPF schema and tag library. The EAC-CPF Schema is
a standard for encoding contextual information about persons,
corporate bodies, and families related to archival materials using
Extensible Markup Language (XML). The standard supports the exchange
of ISAAR (CPF) compliant authority records.

The EAC-CPF site is hosted by the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin in
partnership with the Bundesarchiv and is accessible at:
http://eac.staatsbibliothek-berlin.de/

This release consists of a "final draft" version of the EAC-CPF schema
and Tag Library. The final draft version is being released to provide
the international archival community an opportunity to test the schema
and review the Tag Library in order to provide corrections, comments,
and suggestions for considering to the EACWG before the final release.

The final draft version of EAC-CPF is available for review for 75 days
(deadline October 30th, 2009), and the final version is scheduled to
be released on November 15th, 2009. Please take the time to test the
schema, review the Tag Library, and provide the EACWG with your
findings.

The final draft version of the EAC-CPF should be used for REVIEW
PURPOSES ONLY. The Tag Library and examples are working draft
documents and thus NOT NORMATIVE. The schema will continue to be
revised to fix errors and inconstancies, and to refine controlled
constraints on some elements and attributes. No major structural
changes are anticipated.

Please feel free to share this announcement with your colleagues.

=================

Katherine M. Wisser
Assistant Professor
Graduate School of Library and Information Science
Simmons College
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA   02115
617.521.2887
[email-masked]