Subject: [CODE4LIB] Job Posting: Systems Support Specialist I (Atlanta, GA)

From: Chris Helms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:12:50 -0400

The Library and Information Center at the Georgia Institute of  
Technology is seeking a Systems Support Specialist I.

Duties: Provide support in the installation, maintenance, and  
configuration of server based computing systems in a multi-tiered,  
distributed network environment. Assist with the maintenance, support,  
and creation of web-based applications, scripts, and pages. Create and  
maintain documentation related to our servers, software  
configurations, and network environment.

Education: Technical Diploma, Associate's Degree, two years college  
course work (preferably in Computer Science) or an equivalent  
combination of educations and experience required.

Experience: At least four years of work-related experience preferably  
in a university environment.

Required skill sets:
  - Working knowledge of the TCP/IP and OSI models
  - Administration experience with Solaris, Linux (Red Hat), BSD, OS  
X, Windows Servers (2003+)
  - Familiar with desktop environments (Windows, OS X, Linux, Office  
Products)
  - Client Server Technology

Preferred skill sets:
  - Structured programming: Shell, Perl, Python
  - Web Technologies and Languages: Apache, Tomcat, OpenSSL, IIS, PHP,  
HTML, Ruby on Rails
  - Knowledge of database technologies including: MySQL, MsSQL Server,  
and PostgreSQL
  - LDAP/Active Directory

The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal communications  
such as advising, recommending or counseling, follow-up, exchanging  
information and troubleshooting. He/she will ensure data integrity and  
possess a proactive, customer and detail oriented disposition.

To Apply: Visit https://ea.ohr.gatech.edu/careers/FullDescription.asp?jobid=BJJ8400

--
Christopher J. J. Helms
Georgia Institute of Technology
Library and Information Center
Phone: 404.385.6277   Fax: 404.894.4559

---

From: Karim Boughida <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 15:42:27 -0400

Hi All,
Please visit
http://www.gelman.gwu.edu/about/organization/jobs/staff/digital-library-programmer-analyst 
If you have questions, send me an email offline.
Thank you

Karim Boughida
Associate University Librarian for 
Digital Initiatives and Content Management
George Washington University
Gelman Library
2130 H Street NW
Washington, DC 20052
[email-masked]