Subject: [CODE4LIB] Blacklight release 2.4 is here

From: Naomi Dushay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 20:46:31 -0800

Release 2.4 of Project Blacklight is now available in our new Git  
flavor!  You can find the new improved flavor of  Blacklight at http://github.com/projectblacklight/blacklight/tree/v2.4.0

In addition to our move to Git, we have listened to community feedback  
and have changed the installation process. Instructions for  
installation are at http://github.com/projectblacklight/blacklight/blob/v2.4.0/README.rdoc 
.  In broad terms, Blacklight now uses a template to get required gems  
at installation time rather than bundling them in with the code.

Besides our debut in Git and the move to a template, here are the  
changes for release 2.4:

Release Notes - Blacklight Plugin - Version 2.4

Bug

[CODEBASE-54] - rake gems:install does not work (using template now)
[CODEBASE-111] - Ae and Oe ligature characters are not normalized  
correctly
[CODEBASE-131] - Getting error from rails on startup that VERSION is  
already defined
[CODEBASE-134] - Authlogic error
[CODEBASE-135] - Fall back on net_http when curb gem is not present  
when using RSolr
[CODEBASE-138] - A copy of ApplicationController has been removed from  
the module tree but is still active
[CODEBASE-160] - why isn't the email and SMS working on  
demo.projectblacklight.org
[CODEBASE-170] - Blacklight logo cannot be over-ridden
[CODEBASE-178] - 3 specs fail when run with rake solr:spec ... no idea  
why
[CODEBASE-187] - bookmarking seems to be broken in the latest code
Improvement

[CODEBASE-87] - Gracefully handle solr errors
[CODEBASE-172] - demo - solr config - only build spell dictionaries on  
optimize, not on newSearcher / firstSearcher
New Feature

[CODEBASE-3] - exporting to Zotero
[CODEBASE-109] - sort by pub date in demo
[CODEBASE-182] - Rails "Template" installer instead of ./script/plugin
[CODEBASE-183] - Add cursor focus to the search box on the home page
[CODEBASE-190] - Cursor focus in search form on home page
Task

[CODEBASE-51] - Design a basic advanced search UI - see Stanford  
SearchWorks
[CODEBASE-70] - Need a plugin release as well
[CODEBASE-114] - demo index should have vernacular displayed
[CODEBASE-146] - Change stylesheet link in the HTML to media="all"
[CODEBASE-151] - get some dublin core test data
[CODEBASE-159] - get test data with call numbers
[CODEBASE-173] - marc_mapper.rb - no longer in synch with solrmarc;  
its presence is confusing.
[CODEBASE-176] - get continuous integration working again
[CODEBASE-177] - update demo app and readme at projectblacklight.org
[CODEBASE-186] - Implement Google Analytics on the main  
blacklightopac.org site