Subject: [CODE4LIB] Internship Opportunity: ITA Software (Cambridge, MA)

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:29:02 -0400

Please pass this on, thanks!
-CM

----------------

Expert Information Organizer

http://itasoftware.com/careers/i_internships.html?catid=16

Internship Program

   - ITA offers *paid* internship opportunities.
   - College credit can be arranged.
   - Full time interns are preferred.
   - Prospective interns should be hard working, enthusiastic and flexible
   individuals who possess or seek a working knowledge that can be applied to
   our industry.
   - Interns should feel committed to pursuing a career path in the field
   that they chose for the internship program.

Are you passionate about organizing information? Do you wish you could build
a neatly catalogued, comprehensive database of film festivals, classical
music concerts, baseball stats, bus schedules, or book awards -- without
manual data entry and without computer programming? If you are compulsive
about getting things right, enjoy doing it, and have the persistence to
spend hours on detailed intellectual tasks, we have the internship for you.
You'll be a test pilot for an exciting new tool to teach a computer how to
extract knowledge from the world wide web.

Requirements: Background in library science or linguistics, background in
quality assurance or software testing, experience with and/or a passion for
data-collecting in the domains of sports, classical music, or travel,
experience building spreadsheets. Programming background not required.