Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] NYC carpool?

From: "Schwartz, Raymond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:27:44 -0500

Anyone in the New York City area interested in this?  /Ray

Ray Schwartz, Systems Specialist Librarian         [email-masked]
David and Lorraine Cheng Library                       Tel: +1 973 720-3192
William Paterson University                                 Fax: +1 973 720-2585
300 Pompton Road                                            Mobile: +1 201 424-4491
Wayne, NJ 07470-2103 USA                                http://euphrates.wpunj.edu/faculty/schwartzr2/

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of yitznewton
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:10 AM
To: code4libcon
Subject: NYC carpool?

Hi all,

My conference proposal last year was turned down b/c of our budget
crunch, and I'm wondering what I can do to increase the likelihood of
approval this year.  I'm wondering if anyone in a similar situation
would be interested in the idea of an NYC metro carpool for the ~12
hour drive to and from Asheville in Feb?  If someone has a car
available (I don't) we could use it, or else rent a car if we had at
least, say, 4 people.  (Also perhaps this wouldn't be as feasible for
the luggage-heavy travelers among us.)

We would have to discuss whether to go for the precons or not.

My estimation of car rental + gas is roughly $500 total for a 5-
seater, so figure about $100 per person with five.  Airfare, by
contrast, is about $300.  I would suggest that each person put in a
deposit of $75, so in case of one or more bailouts, no one gets stuck
paying for (much) more than expected.  If all bail, all get the money
back.

There's no telling until prob. after registration whether MPOW will
give me registration & hotel money, so I might myself bail; if it does
go through, I'd be up for renting & driving.

Any interested parties?

--
Yitzchak Schaffer
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "code4libcon" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email-masked]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email-masked]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/code4libcon?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

---

From: Yitzchak Schaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:34:14 -0500

> Anyone in the New York City area interested in this?  /Ray

As an addendum, the wiki page for updates on the carpool is
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/C4L2010planning:RoommatesRidesEtc

I am still planning to go, pending getting funding approval.  I do *not* 
plan on attending the preconferences; if this were a breaking factor in 
the carpool, I would reconsider.

-- 
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Manager
Touro College Libraries
33 West 23rd Street
New York, NY  10010
Tel (212) 463-0400 x5230
Fax (212) 627-3197
Email [email-masked]

Access Problems? Contact [email-masked]