Subject: [CODE4LIB] One month left until the EdUI Conference

From: John Loy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:00:15 -0400

=== ONE MONTH LEFT. TIME TO REGISTER! ===

Just one month to go until the EdUI Conference Sept. 21-22 in
Charlottesville VA! So now is the time to register if you haven't
already.

http://edui.eventbrite.com

=== ABOUT EDUI ===

If you don't yet know what EdUI is all about, be sure to check out
http://eduiconf.org . In short, EdUI (the name is a marriage of "Edu"
and "UI") is a conference for web professionals, particularly those in
higher ed, that offers full-day workshops and peer presentations on
user experience and user interface issues like usability, design,
coding, rich media, and social media.

Our speaking lineup features some of the top experts in the web
industry, alongside your peers who are doing extraordinary things at
their institutions. We know training and travel budgets are tight
right now, but we guarantee this is one of the best values you'll find
for professional development! Other events featuring similar speaker
line-ups often cost $1000+ and require travel to expensive cities.
EdUI is held in beautiful, historic, and affordable Charlottesville
VA, home of Thomas Jefferson and a popular tourist destination
http://tinyurl.com/lfmpn3 .

=== FEATURING JARED SPOOL, KEYNOTE ===

Jared presents "Cooking Up Gourmet User Experiences on a Fast-Food Budget"
http://www.eduiconf.org/session/keynote-spool/

Jared M. Spool is the founder of User Interface Engineering, the
largest usability research organization of its kind in the world. If
you've ever seen Jared speak about usability, you know that he's
probably the most effective and knowledgeable communicator on the
subject today. He's been working in the field of usability and design
since 1978, before the term "usability" was ever associated with
computers.

In his presentation, Jared will share some of his "fast-food budget"
techniques, showing you cost and time effective methods for extracting
the core benefits of any user experience design process. You'll learn
simple ways to gather information about your users, the tasks they are
doing with your designs, and how well the designs meet their needs. In
turn, you can use this information as you continue to make changes,
thereby making each new release that much more delightful.

View the full conference schedule at http://eduiconf.org/program/ .

=== REFER A FRIEND, WIN A DELL LAPTOP! ===

We know you're already planning to come to EdUI 2009 (aren't you) to
see some of the biggest names in web design and development. But what
about your friends and colleagues?

Well, now they can help you win a Dell Latitude 2100 Netbook when you
refer them to us! When they register, tell them to enter your name as
how they heard about the conference. We'll have a drawing during the
conference and announce the winner. Every registration you refer to
EdUI will increase your chances of winning.

See http://tinyurl.com/mr6koq to find out more (including a few
important restrictions).

=== RECEPTION ANNOUNCED ===

This just in... We're pleased to announce our conference reception
Monday night September 21st from 4-7pm in downtown Charlottesville.
Sponsored by Intalgent http://www.intalgent.com , this promises to be
a fun "don't miss" event, so mark your calendars.

=== SO YOU'RE REGISTERED. GOT EVERYTHING ELSE LINED UP? ===

-- Buffet Lunch --
Don't forget about our "Birds of a Feather" networking lunch. For just
$16 you get a buffet lunch and a great opportunity to network with
your peers. Sign up now at http://edui.eventbrite.com/ .

-- Hotel Rooms --
Coming from out of town?  We have a block of rooms available for a
special rate. Learn more at http://www.eduiconf.org/venue-and-travel/
.

------

EdUI is made possible by The Virginia Foundation for the Humanities
http://www.VirginiaFoundation.org , in partnership with the University
of Virginia http://www.Virginia.edu and an array of corporate
sponsors.

-----
Best wishes,
EdUI Conference Organizers