Subject: [CODE4LIB] Job Opportunity

From: Alberto Accomazzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:53:14 -0400

Dear All,

we have a new opening in our group.  Great opportunity for those
interested in OSS, digital library and semantic web technologies.

IT Specialist (Applications Software), IS-2210, Grades 11, 12, 13;
$61,425 to $113,815/yr
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.

The employee will develop software modules and web-based
applications to support the Smithsonian/NASA Astrophysics Data System
(ADS) services.  The ADS is a 16-year-old project that has
revolutionized access to the astronomical literature.  The successful
candidate will join a dynamic team to help enhance and solidify the
project's role as THE digital library portal for astronomers.  The
employee will participate in the development, maintenance and
upgrading of the ADS infrastructure and help plan, specify, and build
the technologies needed to support the project's goal of ubiquitous
access to the astronomical literature and related datasets.

Responsibilities include the design and development of web
applications, services, and interfaces; the adoption, customization
and integration of open-source packages into the  production code used
by the project; and the creation, maintenance and optimization of
databases supporting the project's operations.  Software development
will take place in a UNIX environment and requires knowledge of
current best practices in programming and web standards.  To view the
complete vacancy announcement for this position and qualification
requirements for higher salary levels, go to
http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/hr/postings/29-16.html

-- 
Dr. Alberto Accomazzi                  aaccomazzi(at)cfa harvard edu
Project Manager
NASA Astrophysics Data System                        ads.harvard.edu
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics      www.cfa.harvard.edu
60 Garden St, MS 67, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA