Subject: [CODE4LIB] Vote for code4lib 2010 presentations!

From: "Michael J. Giarlo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:00:23 -0500

The opportunity to submit a proposal for a 20-minute prepared talk at
the 2010 Code4Lib Conference in Asheville, NC has now closed. We
received 47 great proposals in what must surely be our best year ever
for talk submissions.

Voting on these proposals is now open to anyone who has registered at
code4lib.org (accounts are freely available to anyone). Head to the
voting site as soon as possible to ensure that your username and
password work as expected.  Enter your code4lib.org.org login to vote;
should you run into any difficulties authenticating, do not hesitate
to contact myself <[email-masked]> and Ryan Wick
<[email-masked]>.

Here is the ballot:

     http://vote.code4lib.org/election/index/13

To vote, assign any number from 1 to 3 for any talk for which you wish
to vote; 1 means "would somewhat like to see this" and 3 means "I
would be disappointed NOT to see this OMGOMGOMG". You may change your
vote as often as you wish until voting closes.  "Vote early, vote
often" really is our motto.

The vote will remain open through 12:00AM (midnight) Eastern on
December 1, 2009.  This tends to trip folks up, so just to clarify: I
am referring to the very minute of 11:59PM Eastern on November 30,
2009.  Don't expect to vote on 12/1!

Track voting results by hopping on to the #code4lib IRC channel on the
Freenode network and typing @talks2010.  Or check it over the web:
http://vote.code4lib.org/election/results/13

Thanks to Ross Singer for doing the ballot dance, to Roy Tennant for
lolcat-herding, and to various individuals from whom this call for
voting was plagiarized!

-Mike

---

From: "Michael J. Giarlo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:03:51 -0500

A quick addendum for talk proposers:

We have 47 proposals and approximately 17 slots.  That means 30 or
more disappointed talk proposers.  But fret not!  The conference will
have ample opportunities to share your ideas in lightning talks,
breakout sessions, and (most importantly) brewpub chats.

-Mike

---

From: "Michael J. Giarlo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:56:09 -0500

Folks,

The code4lib 2010 prepared talks ballot ends tonight at 11:59PM
Eastern time!  That gives you approximately fifteen hours from now to
let your voices be heard.  If you haven't voted yet, by all means, do
so.  If you have, feel free to login and scan your votes; you may
change rankings at any time up until the ballot closes.

-Mike