Subject: [CODE4LIB] International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications (DC 2009)

From: Myung-Ja Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:41:24 -0500

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting.

This year’s International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata
Applications (DC 2009) is a month away. The theme of DC 2009 is Semantic
Interoperability of Linked Data. The conference will be held on 12-16
October 2009 in Seoul, Korea.

Participants are invited to register online at the conference Web site till
October 5th.  On-site registration will be available while conference is in
session. Please go to the registration page <
http://www.dc2009.kr/sub/cfs_uregi_01.php> to register for the conference
and related events including Dublin Core tutorials on Monday, 12 October and
following the conference on Friday, 16 October. The basic tutorials
introduce *Dublin Core in historical context, Interoperability options in a
complex Web of data, Other metadata standards, and Interoperability issues
and basic approaches*. The advanced tutorials include *Ontology Design and
Interoperability**, *and *Transforming, Mapping, and Merging KOS:
Methodologies and Challenges**.*

For registration, program, accommodation information and more, please go to
links below:

·         DC 2009 home page: http://www.dc2009.kr/

·         Program: http://www.dc2009.kr/sub/cfs_uprog_01.php

·         Registration: http://www.dc2009.kr/sub/cfs_uregi_01.php

·         Accommodation: http://www.dc2009.kr/sub/cfs_uacco_01.php

 Thank you,
-- 
Myung-Ja "MJ" Han
Metadata Librarian
220 Main Library
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
1408 W. Gregory Dr. (MC-522)
Urbana, IL 61801
217-333-9515 (Main Library)
217-244-7809 (Grainger)