Subject: [CODE4LIB] Code4Lib Journal: Call for Papers, Issue 8, November 2009

From: Andrew Darby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:16:02 -0400

Call for Papers (and apologies for cross-posting):

The Code4Lib Journal (C4LJ) exists to foster community and share
information among those interested in the intersection of libraries,
technology, and the future.

The Code4Lib Journal is now accepting proposals for publication in its
8th issue. Don't miss out on this opportunity to share your ideas and
experiences. To be included in the 8th issue, which is scheduled for
publication in mid November 2009, please submit articles, abstracts,
or proposals to [email-masked] by Friday, August 14,
2009.  When submitting, please include the title or subject of the
proposal in the subject line of the email message.

C4LJ encourages creativity and flexibility, and the editors welcome
submissions across a broad variety of topics that support the mission
of the journal. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

   * Practical applications of library technology (both actual and hypothetical)
   * Technology projects (failed, successful, proposed, or
in-progress), including how they were done and challenges faced
   * Case studies
   * Best practices
   * Reviews
   * Comparisons of third party software or libraries
   * Analyses of library metadata for use with technology
   * Project management and communication within the library environment
   * Assessment and user studies

C4LJ strives to promote professional communication by minimizing the
barriers to publication. While articles should be of a high quality,
they need not follow any formal structure. Writers should aim for the
middle ground between blog posts and articles in traditional refereed
journals. Where appropriate, we encourage authors to submit code
samples, algorithms, and pseudo-code.  For more information, visit
C4LJ's Article Guidelines or browse articles from the first 7 issues
published on our website: http://journal.code4lib.org.

Remember, for consideration for the 8th issue, please send proposals,
abstracts, or draft articles to [email-masked] no
later than Friday, August 14, 2009.

Send in a submission. Your peers would like to hear what you are doing.

Code4Lib Journal Editorial Committee