Subject: [CODE4LIB] iPRES 2009 registration now open

From: Perry Willett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:53:05 -0700

[cross-posted to padiforum-l, dlf-announce, diglib,
digital-preservation, digipres, dspace-general, eprints-tech,

fedora-commons-users, code4lib]

Registration is now open for iPRES2009 in San Francisco. To register, go
to the website at <http://www.cdlib.org/iPres/registration.html>

and follow the link to the registration site. Early-bird registration
through September 11, 2009 is only $275. (Credit card and Paypal only.) 

This year's iPRES conference will include the latest research in digital
preservation, and will bring together researchers, practioners and
vendors for what promises to be an exciting two days, October 5-6, 2009.
The conference theme is the integration of digital preservation into the
mainstream of digital scholarship, culture, and commerce. 

David Kirsch will be one keynote speaker. David is Associate Professor
of Management and Entrepreneurship in the Management and Organization
Department at the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of
Business. With the support of grants from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
and the Library of Congress, he is currently building a digital archive
of the Dot Com Era that will preserve at-risk, born-digital content
about business and culture during the late 1990s. Selected materials are
available to the public at <http://www.dotcomarchive.org
<http://www.dotcomarchive.org/> >.

The conference will be held October 5-6, 2009 in the Mission Bay
Conference Center in San Francisco. More details about the program will
be announced very soon. We are planning iPRES as an "amplified
conference" with presentations along with lightning talks, poster
sessions and vendor displays. In addition we are planning several social
events.  Information on the conference is available at
<http://www.cdlib.org/iPres/>.

In addition to the conference, several other meetings related to digital
preservation will be held in San Francisco. On October 7 (the day after
the conference ends), these meetings will occur:

    * Int'l Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC) Open Meeting: Active

      Solutions for Preserving Internet Content. Call for Papers.

      <http://netpreserve.org/events/index.php>

    * International DOI Foundation (IDF) Open Meeting: Ensuring
Persistence.

<http://www.doi.org/doi_presentations/members_meeting_2009/index.html>

    * JHOVE2 workshop.

<http://confluence.ucop.edu/display/JHOVE2Info/JHOVE2+Workshop%2C+Octobe
r+7%2C+2009>

    * PREMIS Implementation Fair at the Presidio Officers Club in San
Francisco.

<http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/premis-implementation-fair2009.html

Sun will hold the next Sun-PASIG meeting on October 8-9 in San Francisco
(details to be announced). Information will be posted on the PASIG
website at <http://www.sun-pasig.org <http://www.sun-pasig.org/> >.

More information on these meetings with links to register can be found
on the conference website at: <http://www.cdlib.org/iPres/>
<http://www.cdlib.org/iPres/%3e> under "Related Events."

Thanks to our vendor sponsors for their support of iPRES2009: Sun
Microsystems, Isilon Systems, ExLibris, Institute of Museum and Library
Services (IMLS), Tessella, NetApp, FileTek, and the National Digital
Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program (NDIIPP) from the
Library of Congress.

Perry Willett

Digital Preservation Services Manager

California Digital Library

415 20th St., 4th Floor

Oakland CA 94612-2901

Ph: 510-987-0078

Fax: 510-893-5212

Email: [email-masked]