Subject: [CODE4LIB] position announcement

From: Eric Lease Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:14:37 -0400

[Posted by request. --ELM]

Attached should be a position description for an Associate University
Librarian of Information Systems and Technical Services (ISTS) (revised) at
the The University of Lethbridge Library.

Primary Job Functions
 
  * In consultation with the UL, leads the development of
    Information Systems, and Technical Services.
  
  * Works closely with the AUL Client Services and Facilities to:
    ensure design, support and delivery of services that support
    client needs such as Web and OPAC development, and digitization
    priorities; create cross-divisional task groups and teams
  
  * Responsible for managing, planning and leading the development
    of systems, staff and resources that support the access and
    delivery of content.
  
  * Responsible for the development of assessment and management
    information systems
  
  * Coordinates and manages acquisitions budgets
  
  * Evaluates ISTS librarians and assists supervisors in the
    evaluation of staff and resolution of personnel related issues.
  
  * Develops internal and external relationships and partnerships.
    Participates in the overall management of the Library and is a
    member of the Leadership team.

Please supply a letter of application, curriculum vitae and the names of
three (3) referees by April 20, 2009 to:

  Alison Nussbaumer, University Librarian
  University of Lethbridge
  4401 University Drive
  Lethbridge, AB 
  T1K 3M4

  Telephone:  (403) 329-2261
  Fax:  (403) 329-2234
  E-Mail: [email-masked]