Subject: [CODE4LIB] Semantic Maps of Science from Full-text

From: Glen Newton - NRC/CNRC CISTI/ICIST Research <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:14:50 -0400

I thought this community would find this interesting: using large
scale journal full-text to create a visualization of the journal
space (like 'Maps of Science' thingies). 5.7M full-text STM articles
from 2200+ journals. 

We're pretty excited about this, but I won't rant on about it any
more (here!): for more info: 
 http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2009/07/project-torngat-building-large-scale.html

Let me know if you have any questions...

Glen

-- 
Glen Newton | [email-masked]
Researcher, Information Science, CISTI Research
& NRC W3C Advisory Committee Representative
http://tinyurl.com/yvchmu
tel/tél: 613-990-9163 | facsimile/télécopieur 613-952-8246
Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information (CISTI)
National Research Council Canada (NRC)| M-55, 1200 Montreal Road
http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/
Institut canadien de l'information scientifique et technique (ICIST) 
Conseil national de recherches Canada | M-55, 1200 chemin Montréal
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6  
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada   
--