Subject: [CODE4LIB] Reference Desk - Service Tracker Software

From: Jenny Jing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:53:34 -0400

Hi, All:

Our library is searching for a Help Desk software for our reference desk
(such as LibStats), 

It is also a knowledge based where we could store the FAQs.  

Has anyone used or plan to use this kind of software? 

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks.

Jenny Jing

Associate Librarian, Technology Initiatives, 

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Library

Tel: 917-349-2316 

email: [email-masked]

Visit our Web site: 
   http://library.mskcc.org <blocked::http://library.mskcc.org/> 

 
     =====================================================================
     
     Please note that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be 
     privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under 
     applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended 
     recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this 
     message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any 
     reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this 
     communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If 
     you have received this communication in error, please notify the 
     sender immediately by replying to this message and deleting this 
     message, any attachments, and all copies and backups from your 
     computer.

---

From: Matt Cordial <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:35:29 -0700

I have not personally used it, but you should check out Gimlet:

http://gimlet.us/

It is a hosted knowledge-base type system written by the folks who wrote 
LibStats (who are fellow Code4lib-bers as well).

~Matt

-- 
Matt Cordial
Digital Library Software Engineer
Arizona State University Library
480-965-9094

---

From: Chris Barr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:46:09 -0400

We use LibStats and hacked together a Yahoo Answers-style frontend for it.

http://library.villanova.edu/Help/Answers

--chris

---

From: Nate Vack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:39:10 -0500

Yup, Eric Larson and I are indeed behind this hosted Libstats-alike product.

At the moment, we don't have anything like the public Villanova
Answers piece, though.

Cheers,
-Nate