Subject: [NGC4LIB] Registration is now open for the NETSL 2010 Spring Conference!

From: Helen L <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:56:18 -0500

*Registration is now open for the New England Technical Services Librarians’
2010 Spring Conference!*

Visit http://www.nelib.org/netsl/conference/2010/index.htm for more details
on the program and registration information.  We look forward to seeing you
there!

*NETSL Annual Spring Conference Program 2010:*

*Crosswalks to the Future: Library Metadata on the Move*

Thursday, April 15, 2010
9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
Hogan Campus Center, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
http://www.holycross.edu/directions/hogan.html

*Registration* (closes April 2, 2010):

NELA/NETSL Member: $50
Non-Member: $75
Student / Unemployed: $25

*
*

*Morning Keynote Speaker:*

*Dr. Barbara B. Tillett, Chief, Policy and Standards Division, Library of
Congress *

*"Building Blocks for the Future: Making Controlled Vocabularies Available
for the Semantic Web”*

*
*

*Morning Breakout Sessions*
* Managing Objects and Data: From Call Numbers to Namespaces / Mark Caprio,
Digital Services and Cataloging Librarian, Providence College and Martha
Rice Sanders, Knowledge Management Librarian, The HELIN Consortium

*Mapping Bibliographic Metadata / Jean Godby, Research Scientist, OCLC

*Next Generation Library Systems / Kathryn Harnish, Director of URM Product
Management, Ex Libris

*
*

*Afternoon Breakout Sessions*
* Metadata 101 / Kelcy Shepherd, Digital Interfaces Librarian, University of
Massachusetts Amherst Libraries

* Go Fish! How to Catch and Clean MARC Records Using Z39.50 and MarcEdit /
Benjamin Abrahamse, Head, Serials Cataloging Section, Cataloging and
Metadata Services, MIT Libraries

*Another Full Service Bibliographic Utility for Cataloging: Why This Matters
/ Leslie Strauss, President, SkyRiver

*Afternoon Keynote Speaker:*

*Jon Orwant, Engineering Manager for Google Books, Google Magazines, and
Google Patents *

*"Creating a Trillion-Field Catalog: Metadata in Google Books"*