Subject: [NGC4LIB] ALA Annual 2010 ALCTS Cataloging Norms Interest Group - Call for speakers

From: Michael Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 16:20:25 -0400

Please excuse cross-postings:

 ALCTS CCS Cataloging Norms Interest Group invites speakers for its meeting

at the ALA Annual Conference in Washington D.C. on Saturday, June 26, 2010,

from 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Presentation topics should be of current interest

to catalogers, cataloging managers and administrators.

Possible topics include, but are not limited to: * evolution, definition,

and functions of the catalog and cataloging norms;

* emerging concepts and implementations of "next generation catalogs";

* RDA and FRBR;

* cataloging in hybrid and digital libraries;

* changes in catalogers' workflows;

* emerging perceptions of cataloging quality;

* how end users' expectations and behaviors affect cataloging norms;

* metadata records and elements in different contexts;

* the impact of web norms on cataloging norms from the perspectives of web

developers and catalogers.

Presentations should be approximately 15-20 minutes in length, with

additional time allowed for questions and answers. Please send abstracts of

proposals to co-chairs by 5:00 on Wednesday, May 12th. We look forward to
hearing from

you!

Michael Kim

Head, Cataloging & Metadata Services

University of Miami Libraries

[email-masked]

Co-Chair, ALCTS CCS Cataloging Norms Interest Group

Rebecca Routh

Cataloging Librarian

University of Iowa Libraries

[email-masked]

Co-Chair, ALCTS CCS Cataloging Norms Interest Group

_______________________________________________