Subject: [NGC4LIB] Call for proposals to Code4Lib Journal

From: "Edward M. Corrado" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 09:32:34 -0500

Call for Papers (and apologies for cross-posting):

Do you want to expand on your Code4Lib conference presentation in 
written form? Did the recent Code4Lib conference give you ideas or 
renewed enthusiasm for a  project that you would like to share with the 
Code4Lib Community. Why not submit a proposal to the Code4Lib journal? 
The Code4Lib Journal (C4LJ) exists to foster community and share 
information among those interested in the intersection of libraries, 
technology, and the future.

The Code4Lib Journal is now accepting proposals for publication in its 
10th issue. Don't miss out on this opportunity to share your ideas and 
experiences. To be included in the 10th issue, which is scheduled for 
publication in late June 2010, please submit articles, abstracts, or 
proposals at http://journal.code4lib.org/submit-proposal or to 
[email-masked] by Friday, March 20, 2010. When 
submitting, please include the title or subject of the proposal in the 
subject line of the email message.

C4LJ encourages creativity and flexibility, and the editors welcome 
submissions across a broad variety of topics that support the mission of 
the journal. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

  * Practical applications of library technology (both actual and 
hypothetical)
  * Technology projects (failed, successful, or proposed), including how 
they were done and challenges faced
  * Case studies
  * Best practices
  * Reviews
  * Comparisons of third party software or libraries
  * Analyses of library metadata for use with technology
  * Project management and communication within the library environment
  * Assessment and user studies

C4LJ strives to promote professional communication by minimizing the 
barriers to publication. While articles should be of a high quality, 
they need not follow any formal structure. Writers should aim for the 
middle ground between blog posts and articles in traditional refereed 
journals. Where appropriate, we encourage authors to submit code 
samples, algorithms, and pseudo-code. For more information, visit C4LJ's 
Article Guidelines or browse articles from the first 8 issues published 
on our website: http://journal.code4lib.org

You want to share.  Your colleagues want to hear about it.  We're looking
for proposals.  Go for it!

Sincerely,

Edward M. Corrado
Coordinating Editor, Issue 10
Code4Lib Journal