Subject: [NGC4LIB] Position announcement: Director of Technical Services, Global

From: Carol Seiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:36:05 -0600

POSTING ON BEHALF OF Paul Brown, please forward all inquires and
comments to Mr. Brown.  Thank you -

Paul Brown

Managing Partner

[email-masked] 

210-858-5507       

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL SERVICES - GLOBAL

The company is a $400+ million library services business serving public,
school, academic and corporate libraries around the world.

Reporting to the Vice President of Global Library Operations, the
Director, Technical Services is responsible for leading all cataloging
and processing (C&P) work centers and personnel in the US and Canada and
liaising with the European centers to ensure priorities are met and
workload is properly allocated.  He/she will drive the strategic
direction for this organization including operations, customer service,
logistics and associate development by creating and implementing
processes, technologies and standards necessary to improve customer
loyalty, market share and distribution efficiencies for Institutional
clients.  The Director will serve on the executive management team to
develop and drive the strategic direction of the company.

JOB REQUIREMENTS

The Director, Technical Services will have 10+ years of experience in
cataloging and/or other library technical services with 5-7 years in a
management/leadership capacity; experience working in or with major
public and/or academic libraries will be critical to success.  He/she
must also possess excellent leadership skills, strong business acumen,
an understanding of the P&L, project design and management proficiency;
possesses a balanced understanding between customer service/quality and
profitability. 

The successful candidate must have demonstrable experience managing and
leading a large diverse organization, with a solid background in
day-to-day operations, expense management, logistics and customer
service.    An understanding of MARC, LC, Dewey, NLC, NLM and AACR2
classification schemes as well as LC Subject Headings and OCLC WorldCat
services will be critical.  A knowledge of current library automation
systems and bibliographic utilities is a must.

An attractive six figure compensation package with bonus, equity sharing
and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.  An
undergraduate degree and MLS or equivalent work experience is required. 

If you meet these qualifications or know of someone who does, please
contact or submit your resume to PAUL BROWN at ESA PARTNERS, an
executive search firm retained to fill this position.  (attach resume in
Word format to your email)

Paul Brown

Managing Partner

[email-masked] 

210-858-5507