Subject: [NGC4LIB] [ANNOUNCEMENT] : June 2010 issue of ITALica, a weblog on libraries and information technology...

From: Andy Boze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:29:23 -0400

Cross-posted; apologies for duplication.
*********************************************

Hello friends,

The June 2010 issue of /Information Technology and Libraries/ (ITAL), 
LITA's peer-reviewed quarterly journal, is online and accessible to all 
LITA members. Issues older than six months are open to all. ITAL's main 
page is at 
<http://www.lita.org/ala/mgrps/divs/lita/ital/italinformation.cfm>.

ITALica <http://ital-ica.blogspot.com/>, the weblog discussion area for 
ITAL, has been updated with information about the latest issue. ITALica 
features supplementary materials not included with the regular print and 
electronic versions of /Information Technology and Libraries/, such as 
"letters to the editor", updates to articles, and other materials we 
can't work into the journal. One of the most important features of 
ITALica is a forum for readers' conversations with our authors, wherein 
authors host and monitor discussion for a period of time after 
publication of their articles, so that you then have a chance to 
interact with them.

ITALica offers you the opportunity to discuss with the following ITAL 
authors their papers in the latest issue:

"Usability Studies of Faceted Browsing: A Literature Review" /
Jody Condit Fagan

"Reducing Psychological Resistance to Digital Repositories" /
Brian Quinn

"Web Services and Widgets for Library Information Systems" /
Godmar Back and Annette Bailey

"TUTORIAL: On the Clouds: A New Way of Computing" /
Yan Han

"FROM OUR READERS: The New User Environment: The End of Technical 
Services?" /
Bradford Lee Eden

No membership is required to view or participate in ITALica. We hope to 
see you there!

-- 
Andy Boze
Web site Manager, ITAL, for the Editorial Board