Subject: [NGC4LIB] Job Announcement: Humanities Librarian (Mass.)

From: Jan Jourdain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:58:00 -0400

Humanities Librarian
Amherst College, Robert Frost Library
Full Time
Applications accepted until position filled
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications

Amherst College Library seeks a Humanities Librarian to serve as a
research instructor, one of the Library's subject specialists for
humanities, and as a liaison to academic departments and materials
selector in some of those disciplines. This Librarian will provide
instruction in research and the use of library resources in a variety of
settings. S/he will demonstrate a history of effective classroom
teaching; a commitment to undergraduate education; and a strong record
of collaborating with faculty on assignments, course design, and
pedagogical strategies. S/he will maintain currency with emerging
information technologies and trends in scholarly communication,
anticipating and facilitating new approaches to humanities research in
response to evolving patterns of publishing and information
dissemination. The Humanities Librarian serves as coordinator for the
development and enhancement of reference pages within the Library's
website. S/he also participates in general reference services, guiding
library patrons in identifying, retrieving and evaluating information in
all formats and all humanities and social sciences disciplines.
Full-time, with some evenings and weekends. 

A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled. 

Minimum qualifications: Master's degree from a program accredited by the
American Library Association or foreign equivalent required. Three years
professional experience in an academic or research library or
equivalent, in reference, collection development and/or user education
required, or significant teaching experience in an academic setting.
Must have a strong academic background or experience in the humanities,
with a subject Master's degree preferred; reading knowledge of at least
one foreign language required. Demonstrated ability to teach and a
commitment to participate in undergraduate education required. Strong
communication skills required. The successful candidate must be willing
to tackle challenges in an academic library with energy and enthusiasm,
showing patience, tact, and good humor in the face of the demands of
public service. S/he is expected to contribute to library initiatives
that further the College's commitment to diversity and inclusion.

To view the complete job description, please click
https://www.amherst.edu/library/about/jobs.