Subject: [NGC4LIB] Job Posting: Senior Library Services Developer, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA

From: Tim McGeary <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:21:10 -0500

Library & Technology Services (LTS) at Lehigh University is seeking a 
Senior Library Services Developer to work on the Library Technology 
team.  The initial two-year assignment is to work on the Kuali Open 
Library Environment (OLE) project (http://www.kuali.org/ole), a 
multi-institution collaboration working to build a community-source 
next-generation library management system.

This Senior Developer will play a lead role with high-level 
responsibilities for major design and programming deliverables, 
including representing Lehigh University on the Kuali OLE Technical 
Council; working with agile development teams at multiple institutions 
around the world, as well as with subject matter experts.

Responsibilities:
* Design and develop software services and systems in Java and related 
technologies for the Kuali OLE project
* Develop modules for collection management SOA-based platform
* Model, design, develop, and test Web Services, service wrappers, 
service interfaces, APIs, and messaging systems (e.g. via enterprise 
service bus technologies)

Requirements & Qualifications:
* Three to five years experience in a technical role in the design and 
development of database-driven web applications characterized by:
   * complex domain requirements
   * large system integration
   * transactional and reporting functions
   * service-oriented architecture (analysis, modeling, and design)
* Degree in Computer Science or related field of study and/or equivalent 
experience/training
* Advanced knowledge and skills in Java and Java-based frameworks
* Advanced skills with web application frameworks, technologies, and 
languages such as Ruby-on-Rails, Ajax/jQuery, and relational databases 
(preferably MySQL)
* Experience with Web Services, REST, SOAP or equivalent
* Experience with enterprise service bus technologies
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines

Desirable:
* Experience working with libraries, archives, higher education 
institutions
* Good understanding of issues around metadata, semantics, and ontology

http://cf.lehigh.edu/jobs/job_post_detail.cfm?PostID=452

Lehigh University offers an equitable & competitive benefits package 
including partner benefits. Hiring salary in the $50’s based on 
education & experience. Review of applications will begin February 1, 
2010. Please send a letter & resume either electronically 
([email-masked]) or via US Mail to Pamela Steigerwalt, Employment 
Coordinator, Library & Technology Services, 8A E Packer Avenue, 
Bethlehem, PA 18015 AA/EOE

ABOUT LEHIGH UNIVERSITY:  Lehigh University is located in Bethlehem, PA 
(pop.75,000), which is in the center of the Lehigh Valley (pop. 
600,000+).  A convenient location between New York City and Philadelphia 
provides access to many corporations and financial institutions.  The 
Lehigh Valley provides the best of urban, suburban, and rural living.
Founded in 1865, Lehigh University is a private research institution 
with about 4,500 undergraduates and 2,000 graduate students.  Lehigh is 
ranked 35th in the 2009 US News & World Report “Guide to America’s Best 
Colleges.”

(apologies for the cross-posting)

-- 
Tim McGeary
Team Leader, Library Technology
Lehigh University
610-758-4998
[email-masked]

[email-masked]
GTalk/Yahoo/Skype: timmcgeary