Subject: [NGC4LIB] NYTSL Spring Meeting and Program: May 19, 2010

From: "John A. Maier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:54:09 -0400

Cross-posted; apologies for duplication.

*********************************************

Dear colleagues and friends, 

Please join us for:

New York Technical Services Librarians

Spring Meeting & Program

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Online registration is now open!

http://www.nytsl.org <http://www.nytsl.org/> 

Space is limited so please register early.  Registration deadline: Friday,
May 14, 2010. 

TOPIC: Communities of Interest : A New Model for Institutional Repositories

SPEAKER: Kate Wittenberg

As Project Director, Client and Partnership Development at Ithaka, Kate
focuses on building partnerships among scholars, publishers, libraries,
technology providers, and societies with an interest in promoting the
development of digital scholarship and building and sustaining innovative
initiatives. Before coming to Ithaka, Kate was the Director of EPIC (the
Electronic Publishing Initiative at Columbia) a pioneering initiative in
digital publishing, and a model partnership for libraries, presses, and
academic IT departments. Some of the ventures produced by EPIC include CIAO
(Columbia International Affairs Online), Gutenberg-E (a reinvention of the
monograph as an electronic work), and Jazz Studies Online.

WHERE and WHEN:                                             

South Court Auditorium

NYPL Humanities & Social Sciences Library

Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street 

New York, N.Y. 10018

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Refreshments, 5:00-6:00 PM

Meeting & Program, 6:00-8:00 PM

REGISTRATION and PRICING:

NYTSL now offers PayPal as a preferred payment method. Please go to
http://www.nytsl.org <http://www.nytsl.org/>   for more information.
Mail-in registration forms are also available on the website.

Program (Members): $15.00

Program + Membership (Non-members and renewals), Sept. 2009-Aug. 2010
Academic Year: $20.00

Program only (Non-members): $25.00

For questions about membership status, please contact Lisa Genoese,
[email-masked]  <mailto:[email-masked]>