Subject: [NGC4LIB] Job Posting: Senior STI Manager, IATAC

From: Pat Vanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:08:56 -0400

Title: Senior STI Manager, IATAC (Information Assurance Technical
Analysis Center)

This position requires an orientation toward innovation, with the
responsibility to build and maintain a state-of-the-art collection in
a very dynamic field, where the need to find and get the information
more quickly to both analysis and operational staff throughout the
defense and homeland security areas grows each year.  It is not a
library setting but one in which we are building and enlarging digital
collections and creating a home for a community of practice.

Requirements:

·         10 or more years experience in Information Management

·         Experience in developing an electronic digital collection,
use COSATI standards preferred

·         Experience managing staff of information technicians and IT
support staff,

·         Capable of holding a secret clearance

·         Familiarity with emerging technologies including social
media to help build communities of practice

·         Background in information assurance and cybersecurity a plus

·         Energetic, self starter

·         Good written and oral communication skills

Duties:

1.     Oversee the collection and management of a comprehensive
collection of the worldwide literature on information assurance and
cybersecurity. Collection to include formal and informal publications,
English language and foreign language coverage required. Commercial
literature and social web publications to be included as appropriate.

2.     Oversee the publication, in electronic and print media, of
newsletters, state-of-the-art reports, briefings, RSS feeds, etc on a
periodic or episodic basis

3.     Has responsibility for maintaining cataloguing, metadata, and
data integration standards

4.     Establish a state-of-the-art data harvesting effort using
advanced web search technologies

5.     Establish techniques to gather similar information from DOD
contractors and other sources in academia and industry required to
submit such information to IATAC databases

6.     Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other
DOD DTIC Information Analysis Centers, with respect to collection
development, information dissemination, information management
technology advances, and customer outreach

7.     Represent IATAC in a variety of professional (IA and
information management) situations

8.       Manage a small staff of professional and support personnel

Start date: about September 1st.

To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on "careers"