Subject: [NGC4LIB] [ANNOUNCEMENT] : December 2009 issue of ITALica, a weblog on libraries and information technology...

From: Andy Boze <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:40:26 -0500

Cross-posted; apologies for duplication.
*********************************************

Hello friends,

The December 2009 issue of /Information Technology and Libraries/ 
(ITAL), LITA's peer-reviewed quarterly journal, is online and accessible 
to all LITA members. Issues older than six months are open to all. 
ITAL's main page is at 
<http://www.lita.org/ala/mgrps/divs/lita/ital/italinformation.cfm>.

ITALica <http://ital-ica.blogspot.com/>, the weblog discussion area for 
ITAL, has been updated with information about the latest issue. ITALica 
features supplementary materials not included with the regular print and 
electronic versions of /Information Technology and Libraries/, such as 
"letters to the editor", updates to articles, and other materials we 
can't work into the journal. One of the most important features of 
ITALica is a forum for readers' conversations with our authors, wherein 
authors host and monitor discussion for a period of time after 
publication of their articles, so that you then have a chance to 
interact with them.

ITALica offers you the opportunity to discuss with the
following ITAL authors their papers in the latest issue:

"'Discovery' Focus as Impetus for Organizational Learning" /
Jennifer L. Fabbi

"Information Discovery Insights Gained from MultiPAC, a Prototype 
Library Discovery System" /
Alex A. Dolski

"Usability as a Method for Assessing Discovery" /
Tom Ipri, Michael Yunkin, and Jeanne M. Brown

"UNLV Special Collections in the Twenty-First Century" /
Thomas Sommer

"Smartphones:  A Potential Discovery Tool" /
Wendy Starkweather and Eva Stowers

"Building Pathfinders with Free Screen Capture Tools" /
Patrick Griffis

"Enhancing OPAC Records for Discovery" /
Patrick Griffis and Cyrus Ford

No membership is required to view or participate in ITALica. We hope to 
see you there!

-- 
Andy Boze
Web site Manager, ITAL, for the Editorial Board