Subject: [NGC4LIB] Free EDUCAUSE Webinar > Library in Your Pocket > January 20 2010

From: gerrymck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:05:58 -0600

Free EDUCAUSE Webinar > Library in Your Pocket > January 20 2010

EDUCAUSE Live! Library in Your Pocket: Strategies and Techniques for
Developing Successful Mobile Services / January 20, 2010 / 1:00 p.m. ET
(12:00 p.m. CT, 11:00 a.m. MT, 10:00 a.m. PT)

David Woodbury / Libraries Fellow / North Carolina State University

Jason Casden / Digital Technologies Development Librarian,/ North Carolina
State University

Summary

Your host, Steve Worona, will be joined by David Woodbury, Jason Casden, and
the topic will be

"Library in Your Pocket: Strategies and Techniques for Developing Successful
Mobile Services"

Students are arriving on college campuses with the ability to connect to the
web with a diverse array of mobile devices. However, some online services
aren’t a good fit for the small screen, and new services can also be
developed that take advantage of the mobile user context. Developers of the
NCSU Libraries Mobile site [http://m.lib.ncsu.edu/] will share their
strategy and techniques for creating a suite of mobile services that are
optimized for a majority of mobile web platforms, from iPhones to flip
phones. The session will also include a discussion of site usage and
promotion as well as plans for future mobile services.

!!! Thanks To Gary Price / ResourceShelf / For The HeadsUp !!!

Links To Source and Registration Page(s) Available At

[ http://tinyurl.com/yhcglqp ]

Enjoy !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

Follow Me On Twitter > http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

>>> "The Future Is Mobile" >>>