Subject: [NGC4LIB] NETSL Executive Board Wants You! Call for Nominations

From: Helen L <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:42:25 -0400

The New England Technical Services
Librarians<http://www.nelib.org/netsl/index.htm>(NETSL) Executive
Board is committed to promoting and supporting technical
services activities in New England. Board members plan and present the
annual NETSL Spring
Conference<http://www.nelib.org/netsl/conference/2010/index.htm>.
The Board also develops programs for the New England Library Association
(NELA) Annual Conference <http://www.nelib.org/conference/2010/>, presents
the annual NETSL Award for Excellence in Technical
Services<http://www.nelib.org/netsl/award.htm>,
and promotes technical services throughout New England and beyond through
partnerships with other similar organizations.

Each year NETSL holds elections to fill open positions on the Board. If you
are enthusiastic about innovations in technical services, are interested in
contributing to regional technical services programming, and would like to
have direct input into the direction of NETSL as an organization, consider
running for a position on the NETSL Executive Board. Candidates must be
NETSL members (via membership in
NELA<http://www.nelib.org/membership/regformstep1.htm>)
to serve on the board.

The following positions on NETSL's 2010-2011 Executive Board are open:

* Corresponding Secretary (one-year term)

* Recording Secretary (one-year term)

* Treasurer (one-year term)

* Vice President/President-Elect (three-year term)
After serving as VP for one year, the VP succeeds to the office of
President, then remains a third year on the Board as Past President. The VP
must be, or become, a member of the ALCTS division of the American Library
Association <http://www.ala.org/ALCTSTemplate.cfm> in addition to being a
NETSL member. VP candidates write a personal statement (approximately 150
words) outlining their background and interests, which will be included on
the ballot.

Terms of office officially begin at the end of NETSL's annual business
meeting, held during the NELA Annual Conference (this year, October 17-19,
2010). The NETSL Board will hold a transition meeting with both current
members and incoming members on September 17, 2010 at the LYRASIS offices in
Southborough, MA.

For additional details about NETSL and the duties of the offices of the
Board, visit the NETSL web site: http://www.nelib.org/netsl/bylaws.htm

If you are interested in running for a Board office, please contact Amy Hart
at [email-masked], or 508-655-8008 x222 by July 9th. Election
ballots will go out to the membership in late July.

Amy Hart
President, NETSL
[email-masked]
508-655-8008 x222