Subject: [NGC4LIB] SWIB10 - Semantic Web in Libraries Conference

From: Anette Seiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:56:16 +0200

Call for Participation

After the big success of the Conference "Semantic Web in Libraries"
(SWIB09) in November 2009 , the North Rhine-Westphalian Library Service
Centre (hbz) , Cologne and the German National Library of Economics
(ZBW) - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, Kiel and Hamburg, plan
a second Conference at the end of November on this topic. As with SWIB09
the venue for SWIB10 will be Cologne.

As in the previous year, we want to show on the one hand the political,
strategic and legal framework, on the other hand we would like to
present Semantic Web / Linked Data projects in the world of libraries.

To complete our program, we are looking for contributions especially on
the following subjects

* How do you use Linked Data / Semantic Web technology in library
applications?

* How are library services (search, retrieval, subject analysis, data
management, availability checks, research information) enhanced using
Semantic Web technology?

* How are Linked Data services implemented and managed for everyday use
in such a way that scalability, availability, security, etc. are warranted?

* The use of vocabularies, e.g., RDA, Bibontology, FRBR, CRM and
practical experiences gained by implementing them.

* Innovative projects, that are not productive yet, but could inspire
the participants of the conference.

Are you interested in giving a talk on one of these topics? Do you know
of an interesting project, that could be introduced on the Conference?

We would like to receive feedback and ideas (if possible with a short
abstract/expose) until 13th June 2010.

Please contact either

Anette Seiler
hbz
[email-masked]
Tel.: +49-221-40075196

or

Joachim Neubert
ZBW
[email-masked]
Tel.: +49-40-42834462

http://swib.org/swib10
Twitter hashtag: #swib10