Subject: [NGC4LIB] MuseumMobile > Media & Technology On The Go >

From: gerrymck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:13:12 -0600

Colleagues/

A Great Mobile-Related Resource!

IMHO-1 > Museums Have Been In The ForeFront Of Mobile-Related Initiatives!

IMHO-2 > Libraries And Other Educational Services Can Benefit From Learning
More Of Their Projects !!

IMHO-3 > I Have A Ton Of Content Relating To Museums And The Mobile That I
Will Be Posting Over The Coming Weeks / Months !!!

IMHO-4 > Nancy Proctor Is A Leader In The Mobile Museum Field !!!!

/Gerry

MuseumMobile is a forum for conversations about mobile interpretation –
media & technology – for museums and cultural sites.

It also aims to be a vehicle for connecting to related resources on the web,
including:

•The MuseumMobile Podcasts
•The TEC-CH Online Course on Mobile Interpretation
•The MuseumMobile Wiki
•The Museums-to-Go mobile application development working group
•Tate’s Handheld Conference Wiki, Sept 4-5, 2008
•The Online Handheld Conference, June 3, 2009

Suggestions for additional resources, links and discussion topics are very
welcome! [email-masked]

MuseumMobile is managed by Nancy Proctor.

[snip]

[Nancy Proctor]now works cross-platform again as Head of New Media at the
Smithsonian American Art Museum, where she continues to teach, lecture and
publish widely on museum interpretation for digital platforms. She also
manages MuseumMobile.info and its wiki and podcast series on mobile
interpretation content and technology for cultural sites. Nancy was recently
appointed Digital Editor of Curator: The Museum Journal.

All content on MuseumMobile.info by MuseumMobile.info is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Access to Linked Entries Available From

[ http://tinyurl.com/ybsadp2 ]

Enjoy !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

Follow Me On Twitter > http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

>>> "The Future Is Mobile" >>>