Subject: [NGC4LIB] ALCTS Leadership Development program at ALA Annual in DC

From: Melinda Flannery <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:34:28 -0500

Please pardon cross-postings.
***
Program Title: Membership in the Division: What's in It for Me?
 
Program Sponsor: Leadership Development Committee

Location: WCCC-201
 
Date/Time: June 26, 10:30-12:00
 
What is ALCTS?  What can ALCTS do for you and your aspirations? Get to know
the Association for Library Collections and Technical Services. Come talk
with colleagues about navigating ALCTS and how to become engaged in its
initiatives.  Share ideas for future directions that ALCTS should pursue.
Get advice on facilitating professional mentor/mentee relationships.
Speakers will briefly introduce the topics. Most of the program will be
devoted to small group discussions on these important topics. Attend this
program to discuss how you can maximize the opportunities that ALCTS
provides.  New members and those interested in finding out more about the
opportunities that ALCTS provides are especially encouraged to attend.

Speakers/Facilitators: 
Peggy Johnson, Associate University Librarian, University of Minnesota
Bonnie MacEwan, Dean, Auburn University Library Heather Lea Moulaison,
Assistant Professor, School of Information Studies, University of Ottawa
 
Facilitators/Topics:
.         Navigating ALCTS: Peggy Johnson, Dina Giambi, Mary Case
(University Librarian, University of Illinois at Chicago)
.         Mentoring:  Bonnie MacEwan, Lisa German (Asst. Dean for Technical
and Collection Services, Penn State University Libraries), Gay Dannelly
(Associate Director for Resources and Collection Services, University of
Notre Dame)
.         Future Directions: Heather Moulaison, Amy Jackson (in-coming chair
of ALCTS New Members IG and Library Research & Publication, Grainger
Engineering Library, University of Illinois Library at Urbana-Champaign),
Shilpa Rele (2010 ALCTS Emerging Leader and Metadata Librarian, University
of Miami Libraries)

Melinda Reagor Flannery
Assistant University Librarian for Technical Services
Rice University
Fondren Library-MS44
P.O. Box 1892
Houston, TX  77251-1892
713.348.3773
713.348.5862 (fax)