Subject: [NGC4LIB] Call for lightning round participants - ALA/LITA session on cloud computing June 26, 2010

From: "Mitchell, Erik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:48:11 -0400

Please redistribute

Cloud computing for library services
Saturday, June 26th, 2010  8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
WCC-143A

Please join us for the LITA / ALA session on cloud computing to be
held during the ALA Annual Conference, June 26, 2010.  The session is
seeking participants to give lightning round (5 minute) presentations
on your work or research on cloud computing.

To sign-up visit http://groups.google.com/group/alacloud/, join the
group, and add your name to the lightning-round page
http://groups.google.com/group/alacloud/web/lightning-round-sign-up-page.

Please direct any questions to Erik Mitchell ([email-masked])

Full session description:
This session will discuss how libraries can use cloud computing
resources to deliver innovative, cost-effective, and scalable
services. The session will include two panel discussions and
participant lightning round.  The panel discussions will focus on
trends, uses, and case studies of cloud computing in library
environments.  Panel presenters include both library and IT industry
experts. A call for lightning round participants will be issued at a
later date.Speakers: Marshall Breeding, Vanderbilt University,
Director for Innovative Technologies and Research; Chris Tonjes,
Director of Information Technology, District of Columbia Government;
Leslie Johnston, Library of Congress, Digital Media Project
Coordinator

A complete schedule of LITA events is available at
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/lita/litaevents/annual2010/schedule.cfm

-- 
Erik Mitchell, Ph.D.
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Z. Smith Reynolds Library
Wake Forest University
http://erikmitchell.info