Subject: [NGC4LIB] [ANNOUNCEMENT] : March 2010 issue of ITALica, a weblog on libraries and information technology...

From: Andy Boze <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:34:31 -0400

Cross-posted; apologies for duplication.
*********************************************

Hello friends,

The March 2010 issue of /Information Technology and Libraries/ (ITAL), 
LITA's peer-reviewed quarterly journal, is online and accessible to all 
LITA members. Issues older than six months are open to all. ITAL's main 
page is at 
<http://www.lita.org/ala/mgrps/divs/lita/ital/italinformation.cfm>.

ITALica <http://ital-ica.blogspot.com/>, the weblog discussion area for 
ITAL, has been updated with information about the latest issue. ITALica 
features supplementary materials not included with the regular print and 
electronic versions of /Information Technology and Libraries/, such as 
"letters to the editor", updates to articles, and other materials we 
can't work into the journal. One of the most important features of 
ITALica is a forum for readers' conversations with our authors, wherein 
authors host and monitor discussion for a period of time after 
publication of their articles, so that you then have a chance to 
interact with them.

ITALica offers you the opportunity to discuss with the following ITAL 
authors their papers in the latest issue:

"A Partnership for Creating Successful Partnerships" /
Carl Grant

"Editorial Board Thoughts: Issue Introduction to Student Essays" /
Sandra Shores

"Monitoring Network and Service Availability with Open-Source Software" /
T. Michael Silver

"Tending a Wild Garden: Library Web Design for Persons with Disabilities" /
R. Todd Vandenbark

"The Path toward Global Interoperability in Cataloging" /
Ilana Tolkoff

"Tagging: An Organization Scheme for the Internet" /
Marijke A. Visser

"Dublin Core, DSpace, and a Brief Analysis of Three University 
Repositories" /
Mary Kurtz

"Geographic Information Systems: Tools for Displaying In-Library Use Data" /
Lauren H. Mandel

No membership is required to view or participate in ITALica. We hope to 
see you there!

-- 
Andy Boze
Web site Manager, ITAL, for the Editorial Board