Subject: [NGC4LIB] OpenLibrary in AuthorClaim

From: Thomas Krichel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 02:50:37 +0100

It's my pleasure to announce that I have placed records from
  OpenLibrary http://openlibrary.org into AuthorClaim
  http://authorclaim.org

  AuthorClaim is a free author identification service I am
  building. It's free to contribute document data, it is free to
  register as an author and it is free to get the registered profiles
  in bulk at ftp://authorclaim.org

  At this time over 85 million authorship can be claimed in
  AuthorClaim. I am working towards 100 million. My next target is to
  include data from institutional repositories.

  Happy Valentine's day to all. I hope you agree with me that
  AuthorClaim and OpenLibrary make a very lovely couple.

  Here comes the fine print. I have used the dump from July 2009. I hope
  there will be a more recent dump available soon. Since old/dead authors
  are not likely to claim documents, I have not taken old documents.
  I chose the cut-off point as 1965. Some OpenLibary date records are
  not easy to parse. Such record are not in AuthorClaim either. FWIW,
  I have stored the exact data that AuthorClaim uses in 3lib
  ftp://3lib.org/amf/openlibrary

  Enjoy,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1
                                               skype: thomaskrichel