Subject: [NGC4LIB] Job: California Digital Library, Oakland, CA

From: Patricia Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:27:32 -0700

Sorry for the cross posting... 

Shape the future of library systems.

About you

You are a programmer interested in being part of a team envisioning and
building the next generation of library discovery & delivery services.
You thrive on dividing your time between programming and analysis. You
have the ability to understand and troubleshoot flows between existing
core Discovery and Delivery systems and to understand how metadata is
mapped and transformed as it travels between discovery and delivery
systems. You seek out innovative ways to continually improve interactive
library systems. You have a high degree of technical competence to
perform analysis and QA autonomously. You are deeply and creatively
engaged with the digital library domain and a champion for users. 

You want to work on:

*	Multi-campus systems
*	Large datasets
*	Collaborative projects with partners such as Google, Internet
Archive, the Hathi Trust and other digital libraries

About us

We are the California Digital Library's Discovery & Delivery Team. We're
planning and building the next generation of library services even as we
make our existing systems better. We need you to help us make it happen.
Read more about what we do and our strategic goals on the CDL website:
http://www.cdlib.org/services/d2d/about.html

Requirements

*	BS in Computer Science, information management/science, or a
related field
*	Experience with object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, C) and
scripting languages (e.g PERL, Ruby).
*	Excellent knowledge of web standards and cross-browser
development.

Preferred

*	Familiarity with web development frameworks (e.g. Ruby on Rails,
Spring).

Apply here

https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53441

Patricia Martin 
Director, Discovery and Delivery Services. 
California Digital Library. 
415 20th Street, 4th Floor 
Oakland. CA. 94612. 
(510) 287-3848