Subject: [NGC4LIB] American Chemical Society (ACS) Publications Go Mobile

From: gerrymck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:33:05 -0500

Introducing ACS Mobile for your iPhone or iPod Touch

ACS Mobile provides readers with a multi-journal, up-to-the-minute live
stream of new peer-reviewed research content (Articles ASAPSM) published
across the Society's preeminent portfolio of scholarly research journals,
including the flagship Journal of the American Chemical Society. The
application also includes a "Latest News" feed from Chemical and Engineering
News – the Society's industry-leading magazine and preferred source of
online news for its more than 161,000 member professionals. [snip]

ACS Mobile offers the following features:

>  Up-to-the minute access to new ACS ASAP Articles, personalized across the
entire portfolio of 38 peer-reviewed ACS Journals.

> Tailored "on the fly" filtering options for viewing content from selected
ACS titles.

>  Delivery of an indexed list of more than 35,000 research articles
published annually, complete with graphical and text abstracts.

> A "Latest News" feed from Chemical & Engineering News Online.

> Saving of favorites in a "My ASAPs" folder for convenient offline reading
and pushing back to your usual research setting.

> Interface to full-text article access (via wireless or Virtual Private
Networks) for users at institutions that subscribe to ACS Journals.

> ID/password-based access is also an option for individuals who subscribe
to ACS journals as part of their ACS member benefits package.

> Quick Search across the more than 850,000+ scientific research articles
and book chapters now on the ACS Web Editions Platform — discoverable by
author, keyword, title, abstract, DOI or bibliographic citation.

[snip]

Links To  Video Demo / Download ACS Mobile at the Apple iTunes Store / News
Available At

[ http://tinyurl.com/yd26l9n ]

EnJOY !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

Follow Me On Twitter > http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

>>> "The Future Is Mobile" >>>