Subject: [NGC4LIB] Job: Senior Managing Librarian, Washington DC

From: Pat Vanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 08:27:44 -0400

Information International Associates, Inc. (IIa), an award-winning
information and knowledge management company, is seeking expressions
of interest in a Senior Managing Librarian/Program Manager in the
Washington, D.C. area.

This exciting position offers the opportunity to work in a leadership
position on a multi-million dollar, multi-year program for a major
Federal agency.  As you assume the management of a dozen or more
Federal libraries nationwide with an annual budget of ~$20M, you will
be supported by an outstanding group of library professionals, and a
company with Librarians as Senior Executives.

The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in the conduct
and oversight of library support activities including classification,
cataloging, outreach, reference desk operation, as well as physical
and digital library management for a series of geographically
distributed libraries.  Experience negotiating large material license
contracts across a series of libraries is also desired.

Requirements for this position:
•Provide vision and assistance as the library transitions to Library
of the Future status, moving services to an increasingly digital
presence.
•Ability to implement creative ways to serve Federal library users as
well as the general public combining traditional and contemporary
library concepts.
•MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited program.
•Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or related environmental
field, OR 5 years progressive experience working with environmental
scientists.
•Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and requirements.
•Possess a sincere interest in national and international environmental issues.

To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers”.
IIa is an EEO/AA employer