Subject: [NGC4LIB] AnyTime / AnyWhere Learning > Education In The iPhone Age

From: gerrymck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:26:36 -0500

Colleagues/

IMHO: A Most Excellent Online Conference !!!

/Gerry

Since 2004, the New Media Consortium (NMC) has profiled select emerging
technologies and practices that an advisory board predicts will enter
mainstream use in learning-focused organizations over the next one to five
years. For several years, the adoption and use of mobile devices and
services have been featured in its annual Horizon Report.

In this presentation, we will review the mobile phenomenon and profile a
wide array of initiatives and projects that offer anytime/anywhere access to
a variety of educational and information resources, services, and sources.
We will conclude with a review of current and potential challenges and
opportunities that institutions and their departments face in the
ever-expanding mobile environment.

Gerry McKiernan is the owner of the personal blog _Spectrum > Mobile
Learning, Libraries, and Technologies_, which is devoted to documenting
activities, initiatives, and projects relating to mobile technologies and
their applications in educational environments.

Presentation At _Innovations For Libraries In The 21st Century_ | Online
Conference | May 12 2010 |

Program / Registration Options Links Available At

[ http://tinyurl.com/yz4rj3j ]

eJOY !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

Follow Me On Twitter > http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

>>> "The Future Is Mobile" >>>