Subject: [NGC4LIB] A/V NOW Available > Mobi21 FREE Webinar > Mobile Learning In The Real World > February 18 2010 > 1-2 PM EST

From: gerrymck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:55:43 -0600

*[1] Mobile Learning Fundamentals: Innovation Showcase and Real-World
Examples /  Presented by A.J. Ripin  / With Special Guest > Dr. David
Metcalf *
* *
**<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1yC8pclUjHU/S2idUfmItOI/AAAAAAAAEno/WMeXm0kLYQk/s1600-h/mobi21>
*
*
*The way that we live, work, play, and learn is being impacted by the
increasing mobility of our global society. As leaders, it is our
responsibility to design for the needs of our changing audience. Learn the
key trends and technologies that are fast emerging to meet the challenges
and changes of today and tomorrow. Come hear this conversation as we explore
advanced concepts like mobile performance support, compliance, games and
simulations, location awareness, transcoding, mobile social networking and
collaboration. Learn firsthand how world leaders from industry, academia,
military and organizations like Google, Microsoft, Tyco International, Tufts
University and others are delivering value through Mobile Learning content.
*

*[2] Mind Over Technology – The Value Of Content Design In Mobile
Education /  Presented by Supra Manohar /  EVP Emantras *

*The discussion of mobility in education has primarily focused on technology
and devices. It is critical to understand that the maturation of the market
is driving the need for understanding content design and why it is probably
one of the most critical aspects of any mobile learning initiative.
Understanding how we learn in specific environments is critical to learning
design. Using online content without pedagogical modifications within mobile
environments probably does not work. The primary thrust of mobile education
must be the design of the content and utilization of technology to deliver
this content. This presentation will explore learning design for mobile
environments and critical factors that need to be considered for a
successful initiative (relative to content). *

*A/V NOW Available / 02-19-10 / From*

*[ **http://tinyurl.com/yhx5sff* <http://tinyurl.com/yhx5sff>* ]*
*/Gerry*

*Gerry McKiernan
*
*Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011*
**
*Follow Me On Twitter >
**http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs*<http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs>
**
*>>> "The Future Is Mobile" >>>*