Subject: [NGC4LIB] nature.com Mobile iPhone App(s)

From: gerrymck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:07:13 -0600

Colleagues/

!!! Another Tipping Point !!!

If You Aware Of Other E-Journal Apps /Mobile Access, Please Leave As Comment
On The Associated Blog Post.

Thanks A Million !

/Gerry

The World's Best Science And Medicine At Your Fingertips

The nature.com iPhone application allows you to access science news stories
and the latest published research from Nature Publishing Group on your
iPhone wherever you are. As new articles are published they're pushed
straight to your iPhone where you can read the full text immediately or just
save them for later.

Tell the app which journals you're interested in or set up saved searches,
which will show you the titles and abstracts of new articles from any
journals in PubMed that match your key words.

Keeping abreast of the latest research has never been easier!

Features

Great reading experience- the nature.com app has been designed to make
reading scientific content on the iPhone a rewarding experience. A fast,
attractive interface lets you get straight to the news and research you need
and lets you read it comfortably and with minimum fuss.

Save for later- want to skim abstracts on the bus but read the full text
back at your desk? Just use the application's "save" button and a link and
downloadable citation for that article will appear on this website.

Saved searches- set up saved searches on PubMed or nature.com so that you
can be alerted to new, relevant research as soon as it gets published.

Zoom and pan figures- tap on a figure and it'll open a new screen where you
can pan and zoom in to see fine detail, making best use of the iPhone's
smaller screen.

Easy references- no need to jump to the end of the document and back to
assess a reference, just tap it to get details.

Links To Source / App / Etc. Available At

[ http://tinyurl.com/y8vd94f ]

!!! Thanks To / Barbara Quint / Editor / Searcher: The Magazine For Database
Professionals  / For The HeadsUp !!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

Follow Me On Twitter > http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

>>> "The Future Is Mobile" >>>