Subject: [NGC4LIB] Call for Presenters: "Mobile Catalog Interfaces"

From: "Guajardo, Richard R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:26:17 -0500

ALCTS Catalog Form and Function Interest Group
ALA Annual, Washington, DC
Saturday 6/26/10  10:30 am-12:00 noon
HILTON WASHINGTON‹Columbia 5

The ALCTS Catalog Form & Function Interest Group is looking for presenters
for its session at ALA Annual, to be held from 10:30 to 12:00 on Saturday,
June 26th. CFFIG, is interested in exploring the relationship between the
mobile catalog interface, discovery tools, and the local catalog. Our topic
will be "Mobile Catalog Interfaces," and we are currently looking for
presenters for this session. Presentations should be approximately 15
minutes in length with 10 minutes for follow-up questions. Discussion will
focus on integration of a mobile catalog interface with platforms such as:
Summon, Ebscohost Integrated Search, World Cat Local, Endeca, Encore,
AquaBrowser, and the local catalog. Suggestions for approaches to the
presentations might include:

* Mobile catalog interface design strategies and challenges

* Do mobile catalog interfaces meet end user needs?

The level of discussion will be determined by the level of
interest/involvement of you, the presenter! So please indicate your interest
in presenting to Richard Guajardo, Chair, CFFIG ([email-masked]) by May
28th.

-- Richard Guajardo
Head, Integrated Library System
University of Houston
114 University Libraries
Houston, TX  77204-2000
713-743-9984
[email-masked]