Subject: [NGC4LIB] Education Week FREE Live Chat: Are Digital Textbooks Starting to Click? / March 9 2010 / 2 PM Eastern

From: gerrymck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:41:05 -0600

Although advocates of digital textbooks have been touting their advantages
for years, it wasn’t until California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger announced a
free, digital textbook initiative that the movement began to gain real
traction in mainstream schools. But some experts say digital textbooks’ lack
of purchase price can be offset by the cost of technical support and
professional development needed to integrate them effectively into
classrooms. Join two experts for an in-depth discussion of the challenges
and promise of using free, digital textbooks in K-12 classrooms.

Guests:

Brian Bridges, Director, California Resource Learning Network

Neeru Kholsa, Executive Director, CK-12 Foundation

Katie Ash, Staff Writer, Education Week Digital Directions, will moderate
this chat.

Note: No special equipment other than Internet access is needed to
participate in any of our text-based chats. Participants may  begin
submitting questions 30 minutes before a chat starts.

>>> Free / Registration NOT Required <<<

Source And Site Available From

[ http://tinyurl.com/yhc5729 ]

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

Follow Me On Twitter > http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

>>> "The Future Is Mobile" >>>