Subject: [NGC4LIB] NETSL 2010 Spring Conference - Registration Closes This Friday!

From: Helen L <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:57:55 -0400

*Last chance to register for the New England Technical Services Librarians'
2010 Spring Conference, **"Crosswalks to the Future: Library Metadata on the
Move**!"*

*Thursday, April 15, 2010, 9:30-3:30, Hogan Campus Center, College of the
Holy Cross, Worcester, MA*

**
******REGISTRATION CLOSES Friday, April 2, 2010******

Join us for an outstanding slate of presentations on library metadata for
practitioners at all knowledge and skill levels! Barbara Tillett will
discuss controlled vocabularies for the semantic web. John Orwant, Engineering
Manager for Google Books, will tell us about the use of metadata in the
Google Books project. Six tantalizing breakout sessions will include
metadata for beginners, next generation catalogs, managing and mapping
objects and data in the digital age, the new full service bibliographic
utility Skyriver, and manipulating bibliographic records using Z39.50 and
MarcEdit.

Visit http://www.nelib.org/netsl/conference/2010/index.htm for complete
details and registration. We look forward to seeing you there!