Subject: [NGC4LIB] Upcoming Connexion client releases

From: "Whitehair,David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:55:14 -0400

I thought I would share this announcement with NGC4LIB, since this topic
has been discussed on the list previously.  It has been sent to other
lists, too, so sorry for the duplication.

Previously we announced that OCLC would release a new version of
Connexion client in late 2010 or early 2011.  

We've modified our plans, and now we will release two versions of
Connexion client.

Connexion client 2.20 - Version 2.20 will be a 32-bit and 64-bit
compatible version of Connexion client which will work with 64-bit
versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.  The only change
in this version will be the addition of 64-bit compatibility; only users
who want to run Connexion client under 64-bit versions of Windows need
to upgrade to this version.  OCLC will continue to support Connexion
client 2.10 for all other users.  OCLC expects to release Connexion
client 2.20 in June or July 2010.

Connexion client 2.30 - Version 2.30 will include enhancements to the
existing functionality.  We have not finalized the details of what
changes will be included, but more information will be announced at a
later time.  All Connexion client users will be required to upgrade to
version 2.30 after it is released.  OCLC will determine the end of life
date for versions 2.10 and 2.20 when version 2.30 is released.  OCLC
expects to release Connexion client 2.30 in late 2010 or early 2011.

Connexion client is the Windows-based interface to Connexion.  This
announcement does not impact the Connexion browser, which is the
Web-based interface to Connexion.

Thanks,

David

David Whitehair

Senior Product Manager, Cataloging & Metadata Services

OCLC

6565 Kilgour Place

Dublin, OH 43017-3395 USA

Voice -- +1-614-764-6483 or 1-800-848-5878

Fax -- +1-614-718-7292

Email -- [email-masked]